Chapter 17: Prince in shining armor

Angela was bound in an office chair, hands tied behind her back and gagged. She didn't struggle because there was nothing that she could do. Also because struggling doesn't help much, but it's draining her energy.

She just sat there and wait for someone to save her, just like in those storybooks that Dr. Rooney gave her back in Erudito.

Almost every one of the stories involved a Prince or a knight, She imagined that a handsome prince barge into the Saber building and save her, just like those fairy tales.

Except that Angela wasn't a princess and there was no prince.

Unless that Prince is the legend Prince  Aurelius, who was supposed to be the Prince of the Moniyan Empire.

Angela sat there patiently, and bonded up, waiting for her Prince in shining armor.

🧊

Dyrroth sat in a far corner listening to the others discussing their plan. He didn't want to help, not that he didn't want to, it's because he was a demon.

Or an orc, whatever.

He wasn't actually a real demon or born one in the first place, he used to be human. It was a pity that fate forced him to be a demon, or he would have made a great Prince of the Moniyan Empire.

Dyrroth didn't know what was his former name, but he didn't bother to ask at all.

And he didn't bother to go back to his sister.

He replayed the whole melodramatic scene back to the time when he almost fell off the cliff and his sister grasped his hand in the nick of time.

As he did, he wasn't the terrifying demon he once was. he was...Human.

And he was scared.

He held on to his sister's hand as if his life depended on it, but a thought came to his mind.

Will they ever accept who I am?

Dyrroth doubts they will ever accept back their long-lost Prince that looked like a demon and made the toughest choice he could ever make.

One, he lot go of his sister's hand.

Two, he let the demon consume him.

Then, he declared that Abyss suits him more and plunged into deep darkness. As he did, he saw his sister's tears shine as the sun rose.

He knows no one could ever accept him for who he was. But he was wrong, Very wrong.

Because someone did, someone cared about him, someone decided to go after him as he plans to destroy the Land of Dawn. Out of jealously.

Who knew a demon would think that?

And of course, someone loved him, with the others.

That's when his human self returned once he received a hug. And that is enough to bring someone like Dyrroth back to his senses.

Enough to soften the demon.

But not enough to make him go away forever. Because he was staying. He was staying and he was not a grumpy demon. Not anymore.

Dyrroth took a deep breath.

He's still not helping because that's what demons do. But he will help in saving Angela. And he doesn't know why.

Maybe because heroism runs in his family's blood.

"Dr. Bob's room is on the highest floor, and that highest floor has a lot of doors," said Saber. "and those doors will not have the same rooms for the next 57 seconds so it will be impossible to find Dr.Bob's room."