𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Y/N smiles then jumps off the counter and walks to exit the restroom. She holds out her hand to Sana, "You don't have to prove yourself to anyone but yourself," Sana's hand lays on Y/N's palm, the setter looks up at her, "- promise me one thing- that when you train to be the best version of yourself... it should be for no one but you. Okay?"

-

=18:45 (6:45 PM)=

Sana sat herself down next to Ryujin, Soyeon, and Lia since the three called her over. All of the girls were eating and conversing with one another. The rest on the table were some players from Hyebaek- but they were in their own little world since the team was known to be reserved to themselves most of the time. Tzuyu sat next to Sana and immediately stuffed her face with food.

"Aiya, kamsahamnida... may I ask you guys a question?" Sana asked quietly to the three. They turn their attention to her and nod with their mouths full of food. "If it's not rude- what was Y/N-shi like when she was went to Kimsang?" She asked, eating a piece of her rice. Tzuyu continued eating but listened in.

"Ah, when she was still being taught by Minnie-unnie..." Ryujin nodded slowly.

Soyeon cackles, "Aigoo! Y/N-yah was not a team player at all. Very arrogant and silently judged EVERYONE!"

"She still does!" Ryujin snorted.

Lia rolls her eyes at the two then looks at Sana. "Y/N-ah had the greatest potential out of all of us. When she started training under Minnie-unnie, she was like a mirrored but shorter version of unnie. Though, whenever she was substituted in the game, no one could keep up with her," she explained, Soyeon nodding along. "She would be either too quiet and do things her own way, or would yell at the younger players," Sana and Tzuyu's eyes widen but then they continued to listen. "At one point when she got at a high level of setting within two weeks, she started pushing herself harder and harder... and harder when no one was around to look.

Then when the seniors' time of the junior high team was nearly done, it became very unhealthy. In games she started to become one with the team, but still had the sense that she had to push herself more than anyone else. She was devoted- a-and still is. But- the rest I cannot... mianhe, it is not my place to say."

Ikjin's two slowly nod and let the topic go. But the thought of past Y/N lingered in their minds.

=Day 21 (Final day of camp)=8:11=Saturday=

"Morning, ladies!"

"Morning!!"

Sihyuk smiles at the girls. "Today is the final day of the training camp! You all have been absolutely wonderful and it has been an honor to watch you all grow into much stronger players!" he began with the seven boys smiling at them by his side. "The boys have loved you all and cannot wait to watch you during your games when you get back home!

Your skill sets now is the product of your effort and hard work from the three weeks we have been here. You hold yourselves to a much different standard than the person next to you. Yes, everyone is at different levels of expertise but that drove everyone to be better and better, didn't it? Now... these last couple rounds of games- let it be the best you have ever played!"

"NE!!"

"How are you feeling, Sana-ssi?"

Sana turned around and smiled as Y/N towered over her whilst she was sitting on the bench.  She squished Y/N's cheeks and giggled.  "Better because of you," she playfully winked, making Y/N roll her eyes and look away with a warm face.  Sana laughed and brought her long hair into a ponytail, "Ready to get your ass handed to you, Y/N-ssi?" 

Y/N smirked, "Bring it, Sana-ssi."  The first whistle came to signal the teams to return to their places.  Y/N jogged off to her bench after high-fiving and saying "good luck" to some of the other Ikjin team members.

"Yah, Y/N-nie!" Y/N turned to Yuju.  Yuju pointed her thumb towards herself.  "Send the tosses to the ace!" Tancheok laughed at Yuju's determination.  Y/N chuckles and nods.

Moonbyul and Solar gather Tancheok into one big circle.  "In order to be the best we must OVERCOME THE BEST!" Moonbyul hyped up the team with the rest joining in.

"Ikjin's serve!"

The starters stood on the court. Jeongyeon (4), Momo (2), Sana (5), Jihyo (6), Tzuyu (3), and Mina (1). Yuju (4), Y/N (5), Wheein (2), Eunha (1), Dahyun (6), and Moonbyul (3). Mina prepared herself for the serve and waited for the whistle from the referee.

SCREEEECH!

The pinch server smiled as her teammates cheered her on. Tossing the ball up- she lightly jogs and aims for Y/N. But she saw Y/N smiling at her- which made her mess up on the serve. The ball flies towards Dahyun instead and the libero easily picks it up. Mina blushed in embarrassment as Nayeon and Solar couldn't help but cackle. She returns to her spot, Jihyo patting her back. Y/N sent a confused look to Mina before running to the setter's position.

"Yuju-ah!" Y/N calmly called out. Yuju grinned and made her approach to the left. Jeongyeon followed Yuju closely but Tzuyu remained in the center spot. Y/N side-glanced at Tzuyu and smirked. "Smart." Y/N thought before jump-setting to Moonbyul. The ball reaches Moonbyul on the right but by the time the captain was about to spike, Tzuyu was already standing in front of her. Moonbyul immediately felt as if she were suffocating. Tzuyu closed in on the straight shot since Moonbyul is known to be right-handed.

The captain struggles and decides to feint over Tzuyu's tall arms. "GET THAT!" Tzuyu yelled out as she descended from her block.

Jihyo fly-received the ball, "Mianhae! It's a bit short!" Momo threw a quick thumbs-up and got into the setting position. She glanced at Jeongyeon, who began to make her approach first-tempo. Moonbyul hesitated to block the spiker as Sana and Tzuyu made their approach to the net too. Dahyun quickly read the court.

"RIGHT!" Moonbyul quickly responded to Dahyun and jumped a one-man block on Jeongyeon. Dahyun, Eunha, and Wheein quickly shuffled, ready to receive the ball. Momo jumped to set- but Y/N grinned.

The ball falls right over Y/N's fingertips as she attempted to block Momo's setter dump. But fails to do so. Dahyun angrily scolded herself internally and ran to dig the ball but it dropped to the floor. She flew across her courtside alongside Wheein.

Momo and Y/N descended from their fall and froze. The whistle blew and all the of players looked to the referee. His hand was stretched out towards Ikjin's side- which got the team cheering for their setter.

On the other hand, Moonbyul, Dahyun, and Wheein groaned and smacked their own heads. Y/N exhaled and gave a small smile when Momo turned to look at her. She knew that the Momo she is seeing is not the same Momo from weeks ago. "Nice setter dump, Momo-ssi," Y/N nodded. Momo proudly smiled back and nodded in return. "But I will not let you score another point."