𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

=19:49 (7:49 PM)=

"Y/N-ah! How was your day today?" Jin asked the girl as he practiced his spikes with Hobi setting for him.

Yoongi was stretching with Jungkook on the sidelines, Taehyung was practicing his blocks against Jin whilst Namjoon was practicing his serves.  Jimin was on Taehyung's side receiving Jin's spikes.

Y/N shrugs, stretching her arms.  The sounds of balls slamming and shoe squeaks filled and echoed throughout the gymnasium.  They were all silent, waiting for Y/N's response.

Taehyung smirked and snickered, "I totally ship you and Mina-ssi, Y/N-ah."

The setter immediately snaps her neck to the man, giving an indescribable look.  The six other boys' eyes widen- sparkling in the process.  Taehyung holds up his mischievous smirk- despite getting shivers from Y/N's look.  The boys couldn't deny that Y/N is one of the most intimidating players they have ever met- and she's only a first-year in high school.

Hobi giggles and nods.  "I do too, they would look cute together," Hobi says, setting the ball too far for Jin by accident.  Jin uses his reflexes to knock the ball over with his wrist last second- landing on a free space left unguarded.  "Right?!  Gosh, Y/N-ah you need to make a move already you slowpoke!" Namjoon teases the girl- also agreeing with his buddies.

Y/N sighs and rolls her eyes.  She groans, "Not you too, oppa..."  Y/N's face causes the boys to laugh.

Although they've only known each other for five days... they already are close with each other.  The boys treating Y/N as their own little sister.  Y/N returns the same gesture by treating them as her older brothers.

She chuckles and walks over to Taehyung, also practicing her blocks against Jin's spikes.

A group of four girls walk from the cafeteria to the gymnasium, giggling and nudging each other for laughs.  "Sana-chan! You cannot do this to me~!" Mina whines as she is dragged by Sana towards the gymnasium.  Sana laughs, "Come on!  I want to see Y/N-ssi practice too!"  Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, and Momo shake their heads at the two.

Chaeyoung and Jihyo were conversing with other teams back in the cafeteria.  Jihyo using her charisma to talk with the captains.  Chaeyoung using her cutesy charm to talk with the other rookies of the other teams.  And Nayeon secretly getting drunk with Solar and Moonbyul.

"I don't want to watch L/N Y/N," Momo rolls her eyes as she groans.  Tzuyu confusingly raises her eyebrow, "Then why did you come in the first place?"  Jeongyeon also looks to Momo in confusion.  The setter sighs and looks down at her feet, crossing her arms.  "I'm just slightly curious about her."

The five arrive at the foot of the door, quietly peeking in to see Y/N playing in a 4v4 match with the coaches.  Jin, Y/N, Jungkook, and Jimin against Namjoon, Hobi, Taehyung, and Yoongi.

"Y/N-AH!"

"JUNGKOOK-SHI!"

The ball slams against the end line of Namjoon's court, bouncing high.  Jungkook descends from his jump, throwing his fist into the air as Namjoon accidentally marked Jin instead.  "Let's goo!" Jin high-fives his three other teammates.   Jungkook smiles down at Y/N, "Your sets are excellent!"  Y/N bows her head and nods as a "thanks."

"Woah... she makes her sets look so easy to hit..." Sana watches in amazement as Y/N sets backwards- using Jungkook as a decoy for Jin to spike against Namjoon's arms.  Mina becomes quiet, amazed at how Y/N sets anywhere in a quick second.  She could tell that Tancheok definitely relied on her.

Hobi pats Y/N's head proudly.  "Stop babying her, hyung!"  "YAH JUNGKOOK YOU LOOK LIKE A BABY!"  Y/N snickers at their childish ways.

Jimin calls for the team to circle around for a change of plays.  Namjoon decides to stand around, waiting for them to be ready.  Jin's team finalizes their play, patting each other on the back as encouragement.

It becomes Taehyung's serve, performing a jump serve to which Jimin easily picks up.  Y/N looks at the ball in the air... but what confuses everyone is that she decides to run backwards all the way to the back-row.  Jungkook quickly overtakes the control of the ball, setting high to their right side.

"What are they doing-?" Tzuyu asks, confused as to why Y/N didn't set.  The five's eyes widen as Y/N jumps- soaring in the air with her left-hand charging to spike.  Namjoon's eyes squint in aggravation, trying to keep up with her speed all the way from the opposite side of the court.

Y/N slams the ball straight down, sending the ball high up in the air.  The sound of the impact satisfies Y/N's ears.  Jimin smirks as Namjoon's team look at them irritatingly.

Jeongyeon nervously watches Y/N descend from her jump.  The setter looking down at Hobi, Yoongi, and Taehyung on the floor as they tried to fly-receive the ball last second.

The 5'2 girl smirks down at them, walking back to her team- she looks over her shoulder.  Eyeing them as they look up at her with looks of unease.

"Didn't expect that one huh?