Mission #25: Everyone knows

In the early morning, Nicole receives a call from Waverly. She answers hurriedly. She was worried that something might have happened to Waverly or Wynonna. Wynonna was getting a checkup today with a gynecologist to make sure the baby is ok.

NH: "Baby, is everything okay?"

WE: "Yeah, sorry for scaring you."

NH: "It's ok. What's up?"

WE: "I need a favor..."

NH: "Why do I feel like I'm not gonna like it?"

WE: "You might. I need to be here with Wynonna today. I don't want her to be alone."

NH: "Ugh. Fine. but you owe me big time, Waves."

WE: "I will make it up to you baby."

NH: "Ok. See you soon."

WE: "Bye!" Nicole drives over to the Homestead. She parks just in time to see Wynonna heading out. Wynonna looks weirded out. Nicole can bet that Waverly didn't tell her sister she was gonna get a babysitter today.

WyE: "Waverly left. Cellphones, people, use 'em. You'll have to take a raincheck on the old pop-by." Nicole stands in front of Wynonna smiling. "Nicole, I'm leaving. Don't make me belly-bump you."

NH: "Look, who would I rather piss off? You or your sister?" Wynonna rolls her eyes.

WyE: "Waverly sent you to babysit."

NH: "Well, 'mommy sit' technically."

WyE: "Ew!"

NH: "I am not to let you out of my sight until she comes back. You're going through a lot, and she doesn't want you to be alone right now." Wynonna descends the steps and walks to the cruiser.

WyE: "Fine. To the bar."

NH: "That's a little early to hit Shorty's." Wynonna stops midway to the car and looks back at Nicole.

WyE: "Not Shorty's. It's an away game. You coming or what?" Nicole walks over to her.

NH: "I guess I'm drinking for two."

WyE: "Three. I hate doing it sober." Nicole smiles at the comment. She doesn't try to help Wynonna get into the car, she doesn't want to lose a hand.

They drive to a bar that is really out of town. This place is a strip club. 'Waverly's gonna be so mad', Nicole thinks. They walk into the bar called Pussy Willows. They sit at the bar and Wynonna starts looking around for someone. They order a pitcher of beer. To hide the fact that Wynonna's pregnant they serve two glasses and Nicole takes sips from both. Nicole looks around the sketchy bar.

WyE: "Wrong Side of the wrong side of the tracks."

NH: "What kind of girls end up working in a place like this?"

WyE: "Well, maybe one with no family, a reputation for conjuring fake demons, and no other way to raise money for a bus ticket out of here?" Nicole can almost guess this girl is Wynonna, but she confirms it when a bearded old guy comes over and hugs Wynonna's shoulders.

TJ: "Where have you been, Aphrodite?" Wynonna looks disgusted at the gesture. She tries to get rid of him.

WyE: "Oh, hello. 'Sup, TJ? I have my period, so you'll have to..." The guy was already out of there as soon as he heard the word period. Wynonna takes a second to look Nicole in the eyes.

NH: "Who's Apro...? Ohhh." Nicole grabs 'Wynonna's beer' and takes a drink, eyes wide open.

WyE: "Pace yourself, there's...so much more to judge." Nicole looks at her. "I came here a few months ago, when I got so drunk even Shorty's wouldn't serve me anymore, and I did something."