Mission #26: The Break

Nicole and Waverly get to Shorty's. They decide a little friendly competition playing pool might help lighten Waverly's mood. Waverly is not very good at the game so when she hits one of the balls she drops the black one which makes her lose the game.

WE: "Nailed it."

NH: "You're lucky nobody saw that." Nicole chuckles.

WE: "You saw it."

NH: "Hey, well, I know why you are distracted. Waves, Wynonna remembers you coming home from the hospital ok? So who are you gonna trust more, your sister or a sociopathic revenant in a fuzzy coat?" She leans down to dunk one of her balls.

WE: "Well, I'm hoping I won't have to trust either." Nicole looks at her. "I sent in a sample." Nicole looks away. "Results should show at the Cop Shop soon." Nicole already knew this. She dunks one of the balls in. "I didn't want them going to the Homestead, though it hardly matters now."

NH: "Of course, it matters." She is a little upset. "I haven't seen anything."

WE: "Ok.

NH: "I mean, besides, are you sure you really want to know?" Waverly grabs the pool stick and moves over to the other side of the table.

WE: "No! But if I'm not an Earp, I have to." She drops the stick on the table and pulls Nicole closer. "In the meantime...why don't you distract me?" Nicole wraps her arms around her waist.

NH: "Oh!"

They get interrupted by Rosita Bustillo, Doc's current girlfriend.

RB: "Just the ladies I'm looking for! So, I had an idea. About your sister. I think we should throw her a baby shower."

NH: "Seriously?"

RB: "I'll mix up some tequila-adjacent mocktails. Hell, maybe even a damn piñata."

WE: "Well, she does enjoy whacking things."

RB: "Henry mentioned that she's having trouble seeing this baby as a blessing. I just want to help."

NH: "You know, Waves, that is not the craziest idea in the whole world."

RB: "And it'll show Wynonna that we're here for her right?"

WE: "We?" 

NH: "Ok, so what's the cover for the...surprise?"

WE: "Nachos. She'd never say no to nachos."

RB: "Girls-nothing-special nacho night it is. I'll get on it."

WE: "Ok. Guess we're doing this. We. huh." Waverly calls Wynonna, but since she doesn't pick up, she leaves a voicemail.

They start decorating Shorty's.

NH: "Did you hear back from her?"

WE: "I've set the trap with beef and cheese on tortilla chips. She'll be here."

NH: "You think she's gonna like all this, or..."

WE: "She'll pretend not to." Rosita comes back from the store.

RB: "A whole lot of piñata!"

WE: "Are we gonna bash that? It's a...baby!"

RB: "Yes! And this is a baby bash. It's filled with donuts." 

WE: "I stand a zillion percent corrected. Wynonna will love it." Rosita hands them the piñata and a bat.

RB: "Wait until you see the mocktail list."

WE: "So... she's being real friendly all of a sudden."

NH: "She seems to have gotten over the whole Wynonna-may-be-carrying-her-boyfriend's-kid thing." She grabs a ladder to set up the piñata. "But...good for her. Because like it or not, you guys are all kind of in this together."