Prologue

"No matter what the results Effy nothing is going to change, " I said from the other side of the restroom door.

"It's positive," was all she said coming out of the bathroom to my bed before lying on my bed and I joined her.

"So what now?" I desperately asked, staring up at the wall knowing Effy would have a solution like she does for every problem.

"He has to know Ellie, "

 "I just don't know how to explain to him" I choked trying to hold back tears I felt coming.

 "I can't do everything for you, I mean I just had to wait for the results of the test because you were too scared. And now you expect me to tell Chris you're having his child. Sorry, I can't," She explained 

"Can you at least be there when I tell him?" I asked 

"Like I said I can't do everything for you, " She said sitting up and I felt her getting off the bed so I sat up as well trying to give her puppy dog eyes but I knew Effy wouldn't fall for them.

"where are you going?" I asked, noticing Effy stop at my desk to pick my phone up before she pushed some buttons, and put it back down and flashed me her "Effy" Smile.

"Home. He'll be here in a while," She said walking out of my room. So I followed behind her until she left the house.

"Hey dad, " I said, noticing one of his suitcases at the door. "Another tour?" I asked already knowing the answer "Yeah, but this one's just for three months in The United States. The cab should be here to pick me up any minute now" He said hugging me.

"You leaving use to be easier when mum was here" I sighed

'I didn't think you'd remember you were so small before she passed, " he said before a car honked outside "That's my ride" He awkwardly said "If you need anything, just tell the help" were his last words before he walked out the door with the butler following behind him with all the luggage.

So I sat in the living room waiting for Chris.

"Chris is here to see you, Shall I have him meet you here or in a different area of the house?" My butler asked.

"I'll meet him here but make sure no one comes near the room until he leaves" I stated

"Hey, what's so important you needed me to get here ASAP?" Chris asked, entering the room "Sit down, " I said patting the seat next to me.

"Okay" He lingered to the word taking his seat and I turned to him trying to wonder what words id say next.

"I don't know how to put this" I whispered avoiding his eye contact "Please, don't say you're breaking up with me. We've been together for almost forever." I heard from him, which kind of gave me a much more positive attitude about breaking the news.

"Not it's not that" I grinned at the fact that he was afraid of losing me

"Then what is it?"

 "I'm pregnant" I said, feeling tears run down my face 

" Are you being serious?" he asked

 "Yes. I'm keeping him or her. And if you want to leave, then you can. I'm not going to make you stay. I can be a single mum. It can't be that hard I've seen people on TV do it." I explained fidgeting with my hand

"I'm going to be a dad" He smiled

"You're not mad?" I asked

"No, not at all I'm so happy we get to be a family" He replied "I love you so much"