Do You Know Why We're Friends?

We sat eating breakfast quietly at Effy's house until the door rang so her father answered it and Steve was on the other side.

"I love you Athena" He yelled over and over again "When will you understand that" he added forcing himself through the door and then kissed Effy's mom once he reached her.

Once Steve left her father ran to his room while her mom ran after begging him not to pack his stuff but it didn't stop him from coming downstairs with his suit case and making his way out of the door without turning back. Once the door slammed shut my attention turned to Effy who ran up to her room. So Pandora went after her while I stayed seated watching Effy's mom grab a bottle of alcohol before she sat down next to me and began chugging .

"You need to be strong not just for you but for Effy. She's not as strong as she appears and I don't want to see her lose it if you do." I said to her reaching for the bottle and I put it back in the cabinet before I went to join Pandora and Effy.

"Do you know why we're friends Pandora?" Effy asked

"you're my friend because i'll do whatever you say and none of your boyfriends will fall for me cause i'm useless" Pandora smiled

"Effy stop asking her stuff like that" I pleaded sitting next to her.

"Why are we friends than Ellie?" She asked turning to me.

"Because i'm all kinds of messed up and you like knowing there's someone even more messed up than you" I recited considering Effy used to ask me this question all the time before Pandora came into the picture.