Chapter 19

Y/N

A week has passed, and you're currently relaxing in a bubble bath that Namjoon insisted on drawing for you. Soft music plays from your brand-new Samsung S21. While tapping your toes to the rhythm, you have to admit the sound quality is much better than your old iPhone 12.

Joonie wanted to pay for the phone himself, but you insisted on paying for it yourself. Just like how you insisted on paying for the furniture in the new apartment. In fact, this was the subject of your first "disagreement."

Joonie is a good man, a wonderful man. He wants nothing more than to take care of his family, and you get that. You understand that he's had his hands tied the last few months, unable to protect either of you. Hell, he found out about his own child through the proverbial grapevine, so it's natural that he wants to handle everything for you. Essentially, he's trying to make up for lost time and opportunities.

While you have no problems understanding his perspective, it's much harder to articulate your own issues. Your entire life has been controlled. What you wear, who you're seen with, even who you marry has been forced on you. Upon freeing yourself from Brett the first time, the first thing you found easy to control in your life was your finances.

Since Brett controlled all of the money, you weren't allowed to use your own. You suppose now, it was so he could monitor your spending. The good thing is, that meant everything in your trust fund continued to add up. So you had everything you needed to pay for school upfront, get your own apartment and clothe yourself. Doing these things on your own also gave you the first feeling of independence.

You picked the neighborhood, the apartment, your own clothes, and furniture. It was the best feeling in the world to look around and know that everything had your name on it. Losing that again broke you almost as much as losing the one man that truly loved you. You have Namjoon back, so now it's time to get your independence back, too.

Once you were finally able to explain this to him, he backed down easily. So, the apartment will be in both our names, but you agreed to let him buy it. In exchange, you pay for the furniture and decor.

Granted, you won't be picking any of it out directly, like last time, but every purchase has to go through you. You agreed to allow Gina to handle the remodel of your new apartment. You didn't have much choice, really. You'll be returning to work until the last month of your pregnancy, following Joonie on tour as his personal stylist. You can't bring yourself to leave him so soon after finally getting him back.

At least Gina sees Namjoon as more than just the janitor now. In fact, she changed her tune fast after seeing him mentioned on the entertainment news. Mind you, that particular report questioned your virtues as a possible gold digger, but that only made Gina proud of you.

Gina's feelings toward Namjoon soared even higher once he announced that he purchased the apartment three floors below your newly acquired home. Since her bank account will be empty until her new lawyers annul the contracts she signed with the Stephensons, both you and Namjoon will be helping her financially. Considering her propensity toward high luxury living, you're thankful her lawyers have assured you it shouldn't take more than a couple of months before Gina begins receiving income from her current businesses again. Meanwhile, your mother's mansion is going on the market, too, to help add to her funds.

A gentle knock on the bathroom door interrupts your thoughts, and Joonie's head pokes into the room.

"Feeling relaxed, yet, Y/N?"

"I am, yes. Maybe a little too much. I didn't realize how cold my water got," you chuckle in response.

"It's a good thing I came to get you, then. I know you've had a busy week apartment hunting, interviews with the press, and the doctor's appointment today, so you deserved this. But, my parents are due to video chat with us in fifteen minutes, so it's time this comes to an end."