Chapter 13 | The Masked Man

Word count: 1.4K

Total time (estimated): 3 months

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiro took the Petri dish from his pocket, realizing the two microbots were incessantly clanking against the glass, directly toward him. Fear and realization dawned on Hiro and Ariyana as they heard a mechanical, robotic noise behind them. Then two words from Baymax confirmed their fear: "Oh no."

Hiro and Ariyana spun around to find that the microbots inside the oil drums were now rising out of the drums, actively under someone else's control

Hiro and Ariyana spun around to find that the microbots inside the oil drums were now rising out of the drums, actively under someone else's control. Hiro and Ariyana's hearts began to pound and their breathing hitched. "Run!!" Hiro and Ariyana shrieked as they snatched each other's hands and took off in the other direction.

"Wait! Baymax!" Ariyana reminded as the robot fell out of step with them.

Hiro stopped and spun around. "Oh, come on!"

"I am not fast," Baymax remarked as he slowly waddled toward them.

"Yeah, no kidding!" Ariyana cried as she and Hiro returned to snatch him by the hands and pull him across the distance to the door.

"Go! Go! Come on!" Hiro ran into the door, attempting to bust it open. "Kick it down!" Baymax brought his foot up to the door with little force. "Then-- punch it!" Baymax's fist made weak contact with the door, causing him to stumble backward slightly.

Hiro and Ariyana groaned in frustration and panic as the massive swarm of microbots approached rapidly. "Go, go!" Hiro urged as he and Ariyana shoved Baymax to the side to escape via a narrow passageway, ducking and weaving around pipes as the massive tsunami of microbots chased after them. This robot was not the best for navigation; he tripped, banged his head, and had difficulties fitting into tight spaces. "Oh, come on! Go, go, go!"

Hiro and Ariyana attempted to lock one of the doors to create a barrier between them and the microbots, but a force from the bots threw them backward, causing Baymax to fall head-first into the ground-level vent system. Hiro and Ariyana saw this as their escape route and shoved Baymax into the vent system. "Move it!"