Chapter 1

In the city of New York, there was a group of winged warriors that protected the city by night, and were stone by day. They were called Gargoyles. Of the main clan that lived atop David Xanatos' castle skyscraper, there were currently just seven. Six were actual gargoyles. One was gar-beast; their watchdog and pet. There were five males and one female gargoyle. The beast was a male too.

The leader, a giant, lavender colored male and the female, his daughter, were named Goliath and Angela. Goliath had been named by the humans of the 900s he had lived with so long ago before a spell was cast on him and his clan to sleep for a thousand years to wake up here in Manhattan. He had at one time been mated to a female named Demona.

His daughter, Angela, had been raised and named by the humans from long ago when the original clan had been all but destroyed, leaving very few survivors. She also had 35 other rookery siblings on a magical island called Avalon.

The old brown male with the sword and wearing the most clothes was named Hudson, after the Hudson River. He had been the original leader before passing it on to Goliath.

Next were three younger males known as the Trio that had also survived the murders of their clan. The red one was called Brooklyn. He was the leader and the fastest one. He was also the only one that had a beak for a mouth. Goliath had also chosen him to be his second in command. Brooklyn was like a brick red color, with a mane of white hair behind the horns on his head, and had black on the backs of his wings. He did like things like motorcycles.

The small green male was called Lexington. He was the one that was the most techno savvy. He was also great close friends with Xanatos' young son, Alex. His wings were also different from the others because they were attached between his arms and legs while all the others' were attached to their backs. It was similar to a flying squirrel's gliding.

The big turquoise male was a bit obese and named Broadway. He was their main cook and could make a meal out of anything just about. He was the biggest and tallest of the Trio. Broadway also had caught Angela's attention. Unknowingly, he was also Hudson's son too. He looked a lot like Hudson's long dead mate.

The Trio had grown up as brothers. Not biological brothers, just friends. Close friends. But now that they were young adults, they were growing apart, but still staying as friends. Their lives just had more responsibilities than when they were younger and because they had such a small number in the clan.

And their pet was a big blue creature that lacked wings at all and couldn't talk. He almost resembled Broadway a little bit in the face and ears. He barked like a dog too. He was also able to track like a dog could as well. He was very protective of his clan. His name was Bronx. Brooklyn had named him the night they had all chosen their own names.

The gargoyles were close with a woman cop. Her name was Elisa Maza. She dressed more as an ordinary person than an officer of the law though. She was also real close with Goliath, like boyfriend and girlfriend. They didn't care that they were different. That was just what made their relationship all the more special.

Goliath's ex-mate, Demona was Angela's mother and immortal. Thanks to a magical spell, she could turn human during the day. She also shared a magical link with a human named Macbeth. They were both immortal. No one could kill them except each other. Macbeth had named Demona back when they were allies and friends back when they were newer to know each other personally.

Demona hated all humans and rarely ever formed alliances with any. Sooner or later, she was always betrayed, or she betrayed them. She had lived so long on her own it was hard to trust anyone. Even her old clan hated her because she had betrayed and used them too many times. She had deep fire-red hair, blue skin, and purple wings.