Thirst for revenge

[Kazuhira Miller P.O.V.]

There isn't moment in which I don't recall the assault on Mother Base, the day when everything was taken from me. Sometimes, I also remember my stay in the hospital after the fray.

[Miller has a flashback back to March 16th, 1975 13:31 in Hospital de Barranquilla, Colombia.]

I've seen Snake getting out of worse. He cannot die here! I thought.

Afterwards, the doctors informed he had fallen in a coma.

Speaking of doctors, they mentioned Medic taking shrapnel to the head or something; he was brave or stupid enough to shield Snake

I have pain on my right arm and it doesn't look good either. I'm telling the doctors I'm fine, but they just keep applying anesthetic.

Skull Face and Zero will pay for- Anesthesia took effect before I could curse them.

[Days later]

It seemed that putting me to sleep was a trick. My right arm is not here nor is Snake–that stank Cipher everywhere. I didn't feel safe in that hospital. That's why I left. Planning my next move, I received a phone call: it was Zero.

"...Yes?". I said

"It's me. You weren't in hospital long. I had trouble finding you."

"Where is he?".

"Safe - but in the same state as when you last saw him. We've had our misunderstanding, you and I, but - as you've made clear - our relationship is strictly business. Therefore, I will limit this conversation to the business at hand. Please understand that I don't dislike you - not inherently."

"Where's Snake?".

"Now, now, settle down or I'll have to hang up." I sighed frustrated. "And then you never hear from me again. Do you understand?". I exhaled to clam down. "First, about your boss. I had him moved, once he was stabilized. I'm sure it came as quite a shock to you when you woke up. You'll have to forgive me... "