Chapter Six|Protecting What We Are

28th of July 1984

I get up and start my morning routine by taking a shower, it's the thing that is stuck with me till I die

I get up and start my morning routine by taking a shower, it's the thing that is stuck with me till I die. Even if I'm gonna be late.

When I got out of the shower, I put on my clothes for college and look through my drawer to find the perfect hoodie.

Oh how much I miss James.

Suddenly, I heard my window slowly open and with that James' arms lifted him. He jumped through the window into my room.

"holy cow! James! How many times should I tell you to not come from the window? What if my mom sees you?" I say as he grins and comes closer to me. He seems down.

He always does that.

He hugs me and rests his head on my shoulder. He ran his hands on my back. He looked down, It was as if he had sheltered me. He hugged me like someone who was hurt.

"baby girl" he mumbles.

"James? You okay darling?" I asked him.

He kisses my forehead and smiles. He wrapped his arms around me as I look at his eyes, they were puffy. Was he crying?

"tell me baby" I said.

"nothing uh... Just needed that daily dose of hug" he says and smiles again.

I caress his cheeks with my thumbs.

"you're not telling me...please tell me what's wrong?"

"believe me...it was just that I needed to see you" he hugs me again. I hug him tight. But I'm not still satisfied with his answer.

"aweh, you don't need to make up...You're gorgeous" he tries to change the subject and looked into my máscara-ed eyes.

"Babyy...You're making me blush...but you need to tell me what was-" he cuts me off and kisses me.

"enough enough" he says.

"you know that I love you right?" I say as I look deeply into his eyes.

"yes actually... I love you too...More"

***

I was in the bar and giving a woman her drink and it was 5 pm. My mind was with James. There was something up with him, also, his breath smelled like alcohol. In the mornings he doesn't drink alcohol, why did he do that? His eyes were puffy, there was definitely something wrong. And I don't know.