Chapter Twenty|True Or Dream

James' point of view

"No one but me, can't save myself but it's too late
Now I can't think, think why I should even try"

I play the riff and lift my head, and close my eyes, the first thing came to my mind was Olivia. Oh fuck! I forgot to call her. I promised I would call. But I didn't.

"Yesterday seems as though it never existed
Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye.... goodbye motherfucker"

I play the riff again, as Kirk starts the solo, I walk backstage, shit!. How did I forget that?!

We finish the song. Lars, Cliff, Jason and I go backstage as Kirk starts to play some solos. I drank a bit of my beer. I don't remember how much I've had 'till now but I'm feeling not bad.

I throw the can of beer to the ground and went to the phones. I call home.

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Dammit! Why she's not answering?! The fuck?! Where the heck is that woman, Mrs Brown?

I put my towel on my shoulder and waited.

I was filled with fear, but not now, it's 11:00 p.m., so it must be around 2:00 a.m. there. They must be sleeping now.

But they had to wake up with the sound of the bell. I called again, again and again. but nothing. I looked at my phone, I had several missed calls from Olivia. Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!

"What's wrong man? Are you okay?" Jason asked as he took off his t-shirt and toweled off his sweat.

"I have to go home," I said quietly. Lars looked at me with terrified eyes.

"the fock you mean 'I have to go home'?" He came to me.

"I have to go" I still had the phone in my hand. What if she has given birth?

Someone picked up the phone.

"Hello?" It was Mrs. Brown's voice.

"Hello Mrs. Brown, is everything alright? Olivia okay?" I took a deep breath.

"Oh Mr. Hetfield, is that you? Yes, yes, everything is fine, Olivia is asleep now. When she wakes up, I'll tell her you called."

I closed my eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. thank God. She is fine.

"Yes, thank you, bye"

I looked at Jason and then at Lars. Lars shook his head in question.

"Everything is fine," I said.

"Of course it is" Lars rolled his eyes.

We are back on stage again. Kirk had started the intro of Battery, very soon Lars started playing drums.

But something doesn't seem right to me, I feel there is a problem. Maybe I'm worried for no reason.

Oh damn, I fucked up this part of the song. I continue. until the song ends.