ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

RUNNING BACK: The primary roles of a running back are to receive handoffs from the quarterback to rush the ball, to line up as a receiver to catch the ball, and block.

"finally, it's the last fucking quarter!" y/n cried out in joy as the boys laughed.

it was a close play, 48-42, crew boys winning by one touchdown.

karl was out again, and his leg was bouncing in excitement.

"karl, doesn't your leg hurt?"

"nope! can't feel anything now! it'll kick in about an hour later."

he had a huge smile as he was practically jumping on the bench.

"what's this quarter's play?"

"callahan is the running back. so he's either running like george as a receiver or he's blocking."

"i'd rather die than be tackled by Cal."

"same." karl nodded as he leaned forward to watch the play.

dream decided to find an opening and he ran through it, down the side of the field and to the goal.

an SBI boy was gaining on him. the player was about to lunge at dream but was suddenly tackled out of the air by a man with a purple and black jersey.

callahan.

the way the pair tumbled and rolled on the ground was straight foul. that motherfucker would leave bruises for weeks.

y/n could see george shutter slightly from where he stood on the side lines.

bad experience i suppose.

dream still got tackled by an SBI boy. the boy was clearly short. but he could run fast.

the boy shook hands with dream as a sign of respect, but he clearly looked timid and scared of the taller man.

SBI was now on offense, the ball in their play.

the deep voice of the captain could be heard, yelling out the call to throw the ball.

the captain looked around quickly to see an opening, but he saw the receiver waving his arms.

the ball did a perfect and practiced spiral, straight into the arms of the receiver who started running like his life depended on it.

and it kinda did.

because callahan was sprinting after him.

the two boys were on the opposite team, but were almost the same. they had a long stride, but were still fast.

the chase went on for 40 yards before the SBI boy leaped into the safety zone, scoring a touch down.

the buzzer rang, signaling the end of the game.

the SBI boy threw his helmet off and started jumping around like crazy.

it was wilbur.

his curly hair was matted down on his forehead and neck , sweat running down his neck. his shoulder pads shook as he jumped around.

tommy soon came up and started jumping too.

sure, they tied, but at least they didn't lose.

wilbur calmed down, and shook hands with callahan, who returned it.

suddenly they came running to the bench. the cheerleaders cheered for them and the boys were already having conversations.

"line up boys!"