ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ʟɪɴᴇʙᴀᴄᴋᴇʀ

updates should resume, i finished editing :)

MIDDLE LINEBACKER: The middle linebacker, often called the "Mike", is frequently the "quarterback of the defense". His central role on the field means he is in the best position to call defensive plays and direct shifts and changes based on what the offense is doing.

so...

sapnap and alyssa were benched for a quarter and if they spoke a word, they were kicked out.

reasonable, but sapnap still complained.

y/n sat beside him for comfort.

"sapnap, i'm sorry-"

"for what? me being benched? do you feel sorry for me, or do feel sorry you caused it? cause you didn't cause it."

"but i kinda did-"

"and they deserved it. they both cheat on eachother, slut shame any woman, man, person they come across, and many times have made unconsentual advancements on me and the other guys."

y/n was quiet as sapnap gave a heavy sigh through his nose.

"seriously, not your fault. let's go be cheerleaders."

y/n was frazzled when they came out wearing CB uniform; shorts at mid-thigh and a small black and purple shirt with Crew Boys logo on it.

sapnap...he chose the wrong uniform.

i mean it's not wrong, fuck gender norms (for people who want to, you don't have to)

but it was a little wrong for the situation.

the sizing was all wrong and it didn't even go past the bottom of his ribs. luckily the skirt went below mid thigh.

"do i look okay?"

"hot as fuck, my guy." y/n jokingly winked.

"are you flirting with me?"

"yes, definitely, absolutely."

"i like that show. flirting attempt successful, i'm swooned." sapnap patted their shoulder and lead them back to the field.

"be aggressive, BE aggressive b-e....y/n how do you spell aggressive?"

"shit man, i could be dyslexic, don't ask me...." y/n scratched their head while holding the pompom

"babe, you aren't dyslexic. letters and numbers just move to confuse you, not your fault."

"they have it out for me? the letters i mean."

"of course they do. you're too pretty for them. jealous."

"you're right... i am."

y/n slowly nodded their head as sapnap rubbed their back sympathetically. they just overcame a midlife crisis, everyone clap.

a loud siren showing it was now the second half of the game- two quarters left.

"give us a twirl, franny!" karl yelled as he took his helmet off. he gave sapnap a random girl name.

sapnap twirled and the whole team started whistling and catcalling.

"you single?"

"free tonight baby?"

"call me!"

y/n pulled him away to have a pep talk.

"sapnap-"

"it's franny."

"...so sorry franny. you're better than this babes. lift yourself up baby girl, you don't need them."