continued...

XV

Dr. Frederick Gordon Brown, 47, arrived at the crime scene.

      He had short, grey/black hair, brown eyes, and tall.

      He wore a white colored shirt, brown colored tie, black colored gloves, black colored socks, and black colored boots.

       And a diamond wedding ring on his right, middle finger.

        "The time is 2:00 a.m.. The victim is Catherine Eddowes, 46, a prostitute. The body was on the back; the turned to the left shoulder...The arms by the side of the body, as if they had fallen there...Both palms upward; the fingers slightly bent...A thimble was lying off the finger on the right side...The clothes drawn up above the abdomen; the thighs were naked...Left hand extended in a line with the body...Left leg extended in line with the body; the abdomen was exposed; right leg bent at the thigh...and leg...

        ..."The brown colored bonnet, (which is missing), was at the back of the head, (whereabouts unknown?); The London Ripper, (or Jack as Scotland Yard and others have called the murderer)---caused great disfigure(ment) (of) the face---the throat cut; across, below the throat was a neckerchief...The intestines were drawn out to a large extent...and placed over the left shoulder...they were smeared with feculant matter...A piece of about two feet was quite detached from the body; and placed between  the body...and the arm...apparently by design. The lobe and auricle (external part of) the ear were cut right through...There was a quantity of clotted blood on the pavement...on the left side of the neck...round the shoulder...and upper part of the arm; and fluid colored serum which had flowed under the neck, to the right shoulder...the pavement sloping in that direction", Doctor Brown said in his first autopsy summation on the body of Catherine Eddowes...

...And then added:

...And on the Post Mortem after washing his hands in the sink in the Morgue.

..."...After the left hand carefully, a bruise the size of a sixpence, recent and red, was discovered on the back of the left hand, between the thumb and first finger...A few small bruises on right shin of older date, (from old beatings from her ex husband, maybe...Or from a client who got rough during sexual intercourse one night), (this is though hearsay in Court; worthless), The hands and arms were bronzed. No bruises on the scalp; the back of the body; or the elbows...The cause of death was haemhorrhage from the left common carotid artery...The death was immediate, and the mutilations were inflicted after death...There would be no much blood on the murderer...The cut was made on the right side of the body; kneeling below the middle of the body...The peritoneal lining, (the membrane lining that supports the  abdominal cavity, and the coelom, (SEE-ləm)), was cut out through the left side...and the kidney was carefully taken out...and removed...I believe the perpetrator of the act must have had considerable knowledge of the position of the organs in the abdominal cavity...and the way of removing them...The parts removed would be of no professional use, (less the murderer had medical training in London or Edinburgh, Scotland)...it required a great deal of knowledge to have removed the kidney, and to know where it was placed...Such a knowledge might be possessed by one in the habit of cutting up animals...I think the perpetrator of this act had sufficient time ... It would take at least five minutes. ... I believe it was the act of one person", Doctor Brown finished his autopsy, and stitched up the body of Catherine Eddowes, so that she was ready for her funeral in due course, (after the Scotland Yard investigation was over).

_________________________________________________________________________________

Page 17