XXII

22nd Chapter

You come back to Miyagi. Oikawa will come tomorrow with his teammates. He hasn't called you yet. You are glad but you know that soon you will have to face this problem.

You don't talk to Oikawa for three days after he came back. He has called on your phone a few times. But you didn't receive it on purpose.

You try your best to stay out of his way in school.

But today it's not possible because he has come to your classroom by himself. You see him through the window. You are now hiding under your seat. The girls are surrounding him.

You take this chance and try to escape. You just make out of the classroom. But when you are heading downstairs, someone holds your wrist.

You look behind. Oikawa is panting.

"Why are you avoiding me?" It's the first thing he says.

"I'm not," you say abruptly, "I just didn't see you after you got back."

"What about the phone calls? I have called you numerous times." He is still holding your wrist.

"I-" you can't say anything. You are avoiding him because you don't think you deserve to be with him anymore. You always get in his way.

You get upset seeing him with other girls and this causes him troubles. He even lost his match for this reason.

You don't want to burden him with your feelings anymore. There is no way this guilt will let you be with him.

"What is it?" He tilts his head.

"I'm tired. I'm tired of being your girlfriend. Girls always swarm around you. And I hate it. I can't overlook it even though I try so much."

You can never get tired of him. He makes you feel in new ways every time you are with him. But you still lie. It's the only way to make everything better.

"Y/N, none of them matter to me," Oikawa seems unprepared for this.

"I said I'm tired," you raise your voice.

Oikawa leaves your hand, "If that's how you feel, I have nothing else to say."

He leaves you behind like that. Your chest hurts. You wanted this to happen. It's your doing for which things turned to this.

You are the one who is guilty at the first place and you are the one who is trying to rectify it now.

Then why does it feel so unfair?

That's how you broke your two years old relationship with Oikawa. Nobody has to get jealous of you two anymore. Nobody will give you glances. You don't have to get uncomfortable.

Then why is everyone unhappy?