Chapter 1

"Mom, I can not leave my friends behind." I yelled. Then I stomped my foot.

"Sage shut your mouth and deal with it. We are moving." Mom said calmly back at me. So I did, I shut my mouth and I listened to my mother. "We are going to move this summer," mother said. It was already May that meant we had around a month to pack my stuff. Since me and mom lived in a small apartment we didn't have much to pack.

How could mom do this to me. Me and Calyn always planned that we would always go to school together. We had been friends since 2nd grade. Mom knew this. But of course we had to move because mom got this amazing job. Seriously. She could be so unfair. But I listened and went down the hall to my bedroom. I looked at the picture of me and Calyn that I had on me wall.

Then I looked at the other picture on my night stand it was Mason. Mason was my old boyfriend. He had run away last year. I hadn't seen hims since, I had cried for a week. No one knows what happened to him. His parents moved just four months ago. They went to live with family. I still missed Mason but I had healed a bit. I haven't had anymore boyfriends at least not yet.

Then I took out my suitcase. Then put it back, I didn't need it yet. I looked at myself in my big mirror. My brown hair fell around my face. My blue eyes shined, I hadn't realized I was about to cry. I wiped my eyes, there was no way that I was going to cry.

I didn't look much like my mother so I must look like my father. I had never met him. All I had were photos. He had ran before I was born. I guess he never wanted to meet me. That had always bugged me a bit. But I never let it get to me. If he didn't want to meet me that was his fault.

Mom and I had lived in this apartment for as long as I could remember. I turned around and my mother was in the door way to my room.

"Sorry I yelled at you, but I think that moving would really nice for us. I also already have a job there, the job is a lot better then then one I have now. This is going to be really good for us." Mother said. I just nodded my head in agreement. Then mom left my room, I sat on my bed until my phone rang.

"Hey Sage, it's Calyn, want to go and get ice cream?" Calyn sounded hopeful.

"Sure, I really need to talk to you,". I said. I knew that Calyn could tell something was wrong but she didn't say anything.

"See you in ten, be over in a minute." Calyn said, then she hung up. Calyn lived 3 blocks away, which was nice when we wanted to hang out. I go over to her house a lot. She has a little sister who is 2 years younger then us that we hang out with some times.

"Hey mom, me and Calyn are going to hang out," I said. Mom just nodded. Mom knew that Calyn was responsible. Calyn got to my house and then we left.

**********************************************************************************

After we got ice cream we walked around. I had told Calyn that I had to move. Calyn was so mad. I expected her to be sad, but she got seriously mad. Her face went red, and she clenched her fists.

"Your mom is like soooo mean!" Calyn said. Calyn was a huge drama queen. She over reacted about everything but I couldn't blame her on this one. This was just mean. How could my mother expect me to move. Even here in New York my friend list was short... Really short. As in one person, and that was Calyn.

**********************************************************************************

Hope that you guys enjoyed my first part. I had a lot of fun. Please give this a star if you did and comment if you see any mistakes. Or just comment if you like this first part.
The person on the cover is what I imagine Sage to look like.

XOXOXOXO

~Ada