Drunken Sailor

The Faun. A mythological half human–half goat creature that appears in Roman mythology. They are the symbols of peace and fertility and are best known for their chieftain and Silenus. Fauns are closely related to and are often confused with the Greek myths the Satyrs which are half human—half Goat or horse. No one knows if it is one or the other or if it's just a mix of both. It's still a mystery. Fauns are normally known for not causing a ruckus or any trouble at all as they prefer to keep the peace for as long as possible, so you can expect my surprise when I saw one laying down on it's back with a few empty bottles of alcohol surrounding it on the sand of Singing shore early this morning. Keep in mind that a few bottles is an understatement.

The surprise was short lived when I crept closer to the half goat and almost immediately recognized the faun. I looked down at the mess of a man with his unkept brown mutton chops and hair. drool was dripping down his cheek and his infamous red tie was undone and hanging off to the side sloppily by the unbuttoned collar of his white dress shirt that he was often seen wearing around the town and in the saloon he owns and lives in named Gun Point Saloon.

Gun Point Saloon was one of the most popular and best selling Saloons in town which was not all to surprising as there wasn't much competition in the area. The Saloon earned it's reputation because it was never out of stock of booze and always had the best kinds at the ready to serve at all times. Want a certain type of whiskey? Gun Point Saloon has it. Want to buy a rare, one of a kind, red wine? You bet your ass Gun Point Saloon has it in stock on the shelf ready to be sold. In conclusion that place is unstoppable and untouchable and at this rate, it always will be.

I sighed before kicking him lightly in his side, "Wakey wakey Sleeping Beauty. Your Prince Charming was slain by the dragon and isn't coming to give you the good morning kiss you wanted."

"Huh what-?" The man grunted due to the unexpected light kick to his ribs, sitting up quickly before wincing and placing the heel of his palm to the side of his forehead and closing his eyes tight before slumping his shoulders.

"Good morning Schlatt," I greeted as I crossed my arms while looking down at him, "was the sand at least somewhat comfortable for you or are your back problems worse then before?"

He huffed and lowered his hand, looking up at me with one eye closed as the other squinted. Clearly suffering the torturous effects of morning hang over that looks to be the left over of one hell of a good night. Schlatt was known to do this a lot. Getting drunk on shift behind the bar and then waking up somewhere he doesn't even remember walking to or being in in the first place. The only reason he hasn't been kicked out of the bar and taken over by someone else is because he's got a lot of respect from the residents of the town but it's mostly because he's into some shady business that protects him when he isn't managing the Saloon.

"Shut up lover boy," He said in his thick downstate New York accent before turning his gaze away from me and looking around the beach as he was still trying to take everything in and figure out where he was, "where the fuck am I?"

I rolled my eyes and stepped away from his side before walking in front of him and turning so I was facing him, "Seems like your little drinking party migrated from behind the bar again. You're at Singing Shore."

It took a few moments before everything seemed to start to click in that small brain of his about how he got here and what happened the night before that could've lead to a chain of events that left him here in the first place, "Oh."

"Oh?" I repeated before sighing and shaking my head, "Jesus Christ Schlatt. At this rate, one day your gonna go missing or be found dead face down in one of the mud pits meant for the pigs."

"Eh, my son can take over the business if that were to happen," He grumbled as he brushed me off by waving his hand as if he was shooing me away.

"Tubbo is one. I don't think it's legal nor possible for a one year old to run the Saloon or any Saloon at all at that matter," I stated before holding out a hand to help him stand up, completely ignoring the fact he shooed me away.

He looked me up and down before he gave in and raised his hand to grab a tight hold of mine. He got up on to his feet as I helped pull him up, stumbling slightly as he did. After finding his balance he let go of my hand and brushed off the left over sand and fixed up his tie and button up.

"So what brings you out here? To the beach?" He asks, glancing over to me as he fixes his hair and mutton chops, wiping the left over drool off his cheek in the process.

I shrugged and looked out to the clear water that was reflecting the mid morning sun, "Oh you know. Curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to find something out. I was here yesterday and heard what sounded like someone humming from the water and I wanted to figure out what or who it was-"

"Please don't tell me you still believe in that siren bullshit do you Will?" He cuts me off, "it was probably just a whale getting laid or something. You of all people should be happy at least someone is getting some action around here"

I rolled my eyes at his statement that was clearly meant to offend me as I was now twenty four and I still haven't found anyone to settle down with while he's the same age and has a kid while having the body count as big as the number of pi.

I glanced back over to him as I put my hands in the pockets of my black jeans, "So what if I do still believe. There's always a possibility that they might be out there"

"And there's always a possibility that I could give a shit," he said before adding, "That possibility is at the same level of your common sense. Almost nonexistent."

"Well, aren't you fast on the insults today," I huffed, slightly annoyed with his taunting "Anyways, don't you have a son to go home to now?"

"Ah shit yeah I should probably get going home to Tubbo now," he said quickly before placing his hand on top of my head and messing up my hair before turning away, "See you later Bird Brains. Try not to get into to much trouble with your little siren hunt."

I scoffed and fixed my hair so the curly mess was still somewhat neat before turning to watch the other leave and head back into town through the old dirt and overgrown trail. I sighed before a light chuckle slipped through my lips. Schlatt and I have been friends for the longest time but from a far you'd never guess with all our bickering. It's a friendship but I never mentioned it was a healthy one.

After Schlatt was out of sight I turned away and looked back out to the crystal clear water. I froze in surprise when I saw something duck down back into the water quickly, causing a small ripple effect. I couldn't get a clear look of what it was but all I know is that it was something brown or ginger. It was maybe thirty feet away from the shore too.

I waited for a moment, looking around the water's surface before figuring that whatever it was was gone for now. Seeing no reason to stay here any longer, I untucked my wings before bending my knees and jumping into the air, pushing my wings down at the same time and sent myself rocketing into the sky.

I'll have to come back here again soon