02 | sergei or ethan?

CHAPTER TWO — SERGEI OR ETHAN?

"You must be mistaken" — ethan hunt

ALEXIA FIDDLED NERVOUSLY IN HER SEAT AS SHE LISTENED TO JANE TALKING TO HER FATHER IN THE BACK

ALEXIA FIDDLED NERVOUSLY IN HER SEAT AS SHE LISTENED TO JANE TALKING TO HER FATHER IN THE BACK. She was in utter disbelief, she couldn't believe it. Just hours prior she was strolling the dark Russian streets in search of the prison that now she had broken a man out of. And that man was her Father. They had to leave quite quickly and if it weren't for the fact her Father was in the van she would left earlier. Benji hadn't really noticed that the girl hadn't asked to be dropped off anywhere, he was to busy worrying about what was going to happen next.

The strange man, Ethan's passenger, was like a frightened bunny. His eyes darted around everywhere, unsure of his surroundings and the new people he didn't know. Alexia couldn't blame him for being confused.

Alexia glanced back into the van, only for Ethan Hunt, her Father, to lock eyes with the girl. She gulped nervously. Ethan furrowed his eyebrows, frowning at her presence. "Who's the kid?" He asked. Whipping her head back fast enough to get whiplash, Alexia removed her gaze from Ethan to look out of the window at the passing emergency vehicles heading to the prison.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

He had seen her now. There was no going back. Alexia sunk in her seat, slouching down and out of sight. Benji gave her a weird look and as soon as she noticed it, she sat up with a sigh. "My name's Alexia." She replied timidly.

"She travelled all this way to find her Dad." Benji cut in, causing Alexia to turn to the man and glare, but he continued nonetheless. "He's actually in the same prison you were. Cool, right?" He beamed. No one replied, and after a moment of awkward silence, Benji revealed to his friend. "She helped us get you out."

As Ethan glanced at the girl, he wasn't sure whether to be impressed with skill or concerned for her well being. In Alexia's experience, both was best. Ethan hummed softly. "You could've broken him out too." He suggested.