Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Furrowed green brows, a hand on his hip, a frown embedded on his slightly freckled face, that was Paul's appearance after I told him I needed help. And after I explained EVERYTHING to him.

Truthfully, I wanted to laugh at his expression, but that would just be awfully rude especially when you really needed that person's help.

"What? Are you serious?"

"Do I look like I'm joking?" I huffed, "listen, Paul. Daniel needs your help."

His eyes narrowed.

"Really?"

"Really."

Okay, so we were at the empty hallway, skipping class.. FOR A GOOD REASON, of course, with me asking for Paul's help.

The kid was SMART. The kid was a HACKER. The kid could open top secret POLICE FILES. WE need HIM. HE can HELP us with THIS CASE. TOTALLY.

Seriously, why do I capitalize words even though I DON'T need to? SEE?

"Come on, Paul, we REALLY need your help."

"Okay, then I will help you," he grinned.

I smiled and was about to scream 'thank you', but he suddenly held up a finger.

"But," he started, making me frown, "you have to pay me 50 bucks per hour."

My jaw dropped. Did I hear him right? HE CAN'T EXPECT ME TO-

"Yes, 50 bucks, you heard me right, and I'm serious," he stared at me with a slight grin on his lips.

What? Did he just read my mind? Was he.. REALLY A PSYCHIC!? OMG!

"Yes, I DID read your mind," he laughed, "I'm just that awesome."

Leah snorted.

"Don't believe him Heather. He fooled you once already, don't be so gullible."

Paul scoffed at Leah and huffed, "shut up! Anyways, 50 bucks an hour, I won't change my mind."

Jordan then stepped up in front of his sister and offered, "Make it 30."

Paul frowned.

"No. 50."

"I'll tell Abe you like her."

His eyes widened and he turned a bright red, "W-wha- No! Pfft. Who'd like that.. That.."

My eyebrows raised.

Paul LIKED Abe? Wow.

He clenched his eyes shut and pressed his lips together, "45."

"30."

"45, alright!?"

"No, I'll tell Abe you LOVE her."

Paul blushed once more and he clenched his teeth, "You have no proof!"

Jordan smirked. He suddenly held up A voice recorder and said, "we do, now."

Paul looked frustrated, and yelled, "Fine! 30 bucks!"

"Oops, sorry, Jordan changed his mind," he grinned, "I ain't giving up the proof for 30 bucks an hour. That's too expensive."

Paul flushed.

"THEN WHAT DO YOU WANT!?"

"I want you to work for us.. For free."

----

In the end, Paul agreed and was acting like some cockroach crawled up his ass and died, which was sooooo unattractive.

Yuuuuck.