[13]

Leon spends the next few days going in and out of the hospital. His Mother isn't yet well enough to leave, so he and his Father take turns visiting, keeping her company during her stay.

"You both have lives to live, go live them." she'll scold, but it doesn't stop Leon from going. If anything, he likes being around, taking note of the welcoming environment and preparing himself for when his days will look like this.

"I talked to my counselor and she said there might be spots available for the winter term. We'll have to see what classes I'm missing and rework some of the fundamentals, but it's more than enough right now." he explains to his Mother. She nods so Leon knows she's following along. "How is the medication going? Any side effects?"

"Not nearly as bad as the first day."

They started her on albuterol and ipratropium and she's had some lousy headaches going forward. The doctor suggested lessening the doses, to help her body adjust to the new medication. So far, it's been working better. His Mother no longer naps in the middle of the day which is a good sign.

"Doctor says I might even be discharged within the week."

More assured that his Mother was getting better, Leon spent more days at home, with Violetta. They were finalizing more of the wedding details. Having the date already set made it easier to start the actual invitations.

"Should we do traditional cards? Maybe we could just make a massive group on Facebook." Violetta scrolls through Pinterest boards as she bounces off ideas, Leon thinking the traditional route sounded a lot better. And a lot less tacky.

They start by looking for places that wouldn't drain their bank accounts.

"Are wedding invitations supposed to be this expensive? It's just a piece of fancy paper." Violette lets out a laugh as she closes her laptop.

"I think that's enough searching for today. Let's head to bed, yeah?"

The day after doesn't prove any better and Leon is just about ready to give up.

"Hey, didn't you say Andres does digital marketing?"

"Yeah? What's that got to do anything?"

"So, he uses photoshop. Maybe we can commission him to do our invites." Leon hadn't considered it before.

"Well maybe we can invite him over, see what kind of things he designs. Most of his stuff is pretty stoic, it's all commercial."

"Give him a chance, he could surprise you."

Andres arrives just after they eat dinner. His laptop rests under his arm.

"Hey." He waves as he steps in. "I heard you had a proposition for me."

They lead him to the kitchen. He takes the water Violetta offers him.

"So the wedding is officially set for next July." Leon starts.

"But we still need to get out invites." Violetta finishes.

The cup of water gets set on the table.

"Okay? And I'm a part of this because..."

"You're skilled. We were wondering if you'd be interested in making our invitations?" Andres' eyes widen comically. "We just thought- it could be practice if anything! We'll even pay you."

"Pay me? Oh no, that's too much. I'd gladly do it for free."

"What? Really?" Andres stands up, landing a hand on Leon's back.

"Of course, what are best friend's for? I brought my laptop, we can go over a few samples today."

So they do. They talk about the colors they want to use and if they'll want to take engagement photos.