Chapter 9

Sunday

I woke up in Stefan's bed with a headache, I put my arm to reach for Stefan, but it was empty.

I opened my eyes and saw the room empty, I pulled the covers off and tried to remember what happened last night, but nothing came.

" Stefan?" I called as my bare feet met the dark wood of their living room, where Damon sat .

" Damon?" I walked down to the carpet level as he looked up, I turned my head to the side.

" Where's Stefan?" I asked as he shrugged.

" He's missing, Lola. I don't know where he went, but I know how we could find out," He said.

" Well, I know for a fact he wouldn't just leave without a not or anything." I said and went over to him.

" Where could he be?" I asked as he was debating on something.

" I think he just needed time, Lola," He said and handed me a note.

Dear Lola,

I know you think I'm missing, but I'm not. I'll be back in time for your birthday in 2 days, I promise

                    Love,
                  Stefan

I saw a tear go on the paper, then realized it was mine. I forgot how to breathe, how to move.

" He said he'd be back in 2 days." Damon said as he saw my tear splat onto the paper.

I nodded and set the paper down, going upstairs and laying in his bed. Wanting his presence, just to even know he's in this house.

I gripped the sheets and sobbed in them, I didn't know what to do. I want to find him, I want to be with him.

I got up and opened the window, needing air, I got tired so I walked over and laid down, falling asleep.

I woke up on a hard floor, coldness rushing over me.

" Hello, Lola," A voice echoed through the room, I looked and saw Klaus behind bars, me being in them.

" Where am I?" I asked as he opened the cage, I took my chances and sprinted past him and saw sunlight as pain slammed into my knee, causing me to fall on the broken glass beneath me.

I looked and saw Klaus throw a metal bat across the room and walk up to me.

" Pull something like that again, Santiago." He warned and flipped me over, stabbing a shard of glass in my knee.

" Now you can't run," He said and got on my level of eyesight.

" Where is Elena Gilbert?" He asked as I tried to pull out the glass.

" I don't know," I said " Where's Stefan?" I asked as he shrugged.

" He's out of town, well, isn't that what the note says," Klaus said and got up, walking over to a counter.

" I need your blood and Elena's death to complete the hybrids," He said and put a shot on my arm, taking blood out. I kicked his stomach, making him fall.

He snickered and stabbed a shard in my stomach, I coughed up blood and closed my eyes.

" Why are you doing this?" I choked out.

He didn't answer, but instead picked up the bat and knocked me out.

I felt my body being dragged, then, water suffocating my body as I flinched, then, opening my eyes and saw Stefan.

I tried to scream to wake him up, but I was underwater. I grabbed his hand and put it on my face as darkness surrounded me and my eyes slowly closed.

I felt warmth go to my mouth as life came back in me, I saw Stefan awake and specs of his blood in the water as I realized he healed me.

I looked up and saw a lid on the safe we were in, Stefan slammed his fists on it, not being strong enough.

I held my wrist out as he looked at me, bubbles flew out of my nose and mouth as I was never good at holding my breath.

He bite into my wrist, drinking my plasma as I got weaker.

Eventually I felt air back into my lungs and Stefan hovering over me, he pulled me in his lap and kissed me slowly.

" I'm so sorry," He said as I shook my head.

" Stefan, stop," I cupped his face. " Stop apologizing for everything that happens."

He side smiled and picked me up, and carried me out of the woods then, calling Damon.

As Damon pulled up he looked at me.

" Lola," He breathed out and held me, I gripped his jacket and wrapped my legs around him as he put me in his car, Stefan following.

I was hazy, but stable.

" Damon?" I called out as he smriked back at me.

" Hey, princess," He said as I propped myself up on my elbows.

" Stefan, can you carry me inside?" I asked as we pulled up to the house, he nodded and picked me up gently.

I felt my eyes close, then re open and see Stefan's room.

He laid me down and laid beside me, kissing my forehead, then my cheek, then my shoulder.

" You're so beautiful." He said and wrapped an arm around me as I fell asleep.