Chapter 7

(Lily's POV)

"Are you ready to go Lily?"

"Yup!" I said as I fix my cloak running towards Huel as fast as my short legs could muster.

The man then laughed and rub my head, putting me inside the wagon with Regulus. Thara who's been watching us shot me a worried look.

"Lily! Are you sure that you'll be alright?" Aw. Come on woman! You already said yes! You can't take it back anymore!!

"Don't worry mommy! Lily's a big girl now! I can take care of myself!" Now shoo! I need to see those muscles- I mean to do my research!

The brunette then sigh, giving me an endearing smile before looking at her husband with a cold hard glare, poor Huel already sitting ready to drive the wagon, looked like a puppy about to be punished by his owner.

"Huel Autumn. You better bring my daughter and Reg back before dinner, got it?"

"Y-Yes honey. I promise."

After saying her last goodbye, Thara finally let us go.

The ride towards the guild was bumpy yet quick, it only took us half an hour before we got near the town where the guild resides in. The same guild where my adoptive father Huel works at.

Before entering the town of course we have to go through the large gates first.

"Huel! What are you doing here? Hahaha! Isn't it your day-off?" One of the guards at the town's gate greeted Huel. Interested, I peeked at the heavily armored man as he talk to Huel like they're long time friends.

"Hahaha! I have something important to do in the guild, by the way, was there any unusual stuff going around lately?" Huel asked as he pays the guard the toll for the town's entrance.

"There's none. Why'd you ask?"

"No particular reason. Then, we'll be going now."

After letting us go, the guard waved and then smiled particularly at me making me crunch my nose in disgust. Bitch I'm a child.

'Stupid! He knows that you're Huel's daughter so he's trying to be nice!' The invisible fairy beside me spoke when she saw my judgemental stare rowards the man.

Looking down, I hid half of my face and made a 'You-don't-know-that' expression before looking away after I saw the glowing ball turn redder.

The wagon moved carefully through the bustling streets, I took my time taking in the beautifully vibrant scenery. From the vintage-style buildings, to the stores, to the people laughing and the children playing. Everything looked like it came straight out of a picture book. Everything looked so at peace.

It's... something I didn't expect that I would see with my own two eyes.

In fact, seeing this reminds me of how miserable my past life was.

The spotless streets reminds me of the time I slept in that cold muddy cell. The children running around freely reminds me of the chains that locked me up like a pet. The fresh baked bread in the stores reminds me of the rotten garbage I've scavenge to survive a night.

The memory left me with nothing but bitterness.

That bastard rabbit that sent me here. With a flick of their wrist it's noticeable that they can change everything. They're a God.

Yet they let that broken world exist and have me in it.

"It's clearly their fault why this world will be stuck here with rotten me."

"What are you mumbling about?" Not knowing that I unconsciously spoke that out loud I look at Regulus who's looking at me as if I've gone mental.

"I'm mubling about how much that dog resembles your face."

His eyebrow twitch at my clear insult but he didn't dare say anything else, seeing his clear defeat, I smiled and turned ahead to see a the guild closing in.

A large mansion, that's it. The architecture looked medieval like basically any other houses here. I knew that this is just a town's guild but I can't help but feel disappointed, I guess I expected something more.

Finally in front of the guild Huel got out of the wagon to call out a young boy at Regulus's age. Ruffling the boy's brown hair Huel gave him 3 silvers to take the wagon in what I heard seems to be a parking space.

Regulus got out of the wagon while Huel helped me down because of my short preschooler legs.Taking off the hood of my cloak, I look at the brown-haired boy staring at me with his pure black onyx eyes.

I raised my brow and smirk making him flustered and get out of his trance. What? Never seen anyone as beautiful as me?

"Elly, you must already know Lily right?" Huel grinned seeing the boy's eyes on me.

Elly nod and looked back at me making me now the flustered one. F*ck am I supposed to know this kid?

Glancing at the fairy beside me, I sent a signal telling her that I need help.

'Oh! Eleazar came from the same orphanage as you. But I don't think your brain remembers him since Lily was only 3 years old when he left. He took care of you like her little sister for almost 2 years until he got adopted.'

Blossom spoke, clear smug dripping from her high pitched voice. Knowing well that I just messed up my impression of being the cute little sister.

Sad for her I don't have time to care about extras like him. He may have helped Lily but that kid years ago is not me, so I'm not in debt with him.

"D-Daddy let's go in! We have to help Reg remember?" I said pulling Huel's hand purposely ignoring the brown-haired boy.

Huel was confused about my unusually rude behavior, but when he saw the shy expression on my face the man only laughed, thinking that I was only being bashful towards the boy.

Regulus followed suit behind us with confusion on his pretty face.

Going inside the guild, I can't help but grin imagining a room full of people with great physique like Huel. Completely forgeting about the brown-haired boy who's still looking at me with a lonesome expression on his face.

Muscles here I come~!!