SEVEN

☽☾

☽☾

A loud rumble erupted from Tom's stomach, echoing throughout the empty and formerly silent library, attracting the attention of both Madam Jwellfrye and Elizabeth. Tom's cheeks burned from embarrassment as their cool eyes landed on him, Madam Jwellfrye eyed him with scornful disdain and a scowl before turning away from the troublesome children; Elizabeth leaned closer with a soft smile of amusement decorating her face. "I don't suppose you'd want to get out of here?" she cheekily asked, batting her eyelashes as the book she'd been scanning slammed shut. Fighting every urge in his body to flinch away from the sound, he remained violently still.

"No, we can continue here." Tom's stomach once again betrayed him, the sound of rumbling filling the empty space. It was followed by the sound of laughter as Elizabeth backed away from him, leaning in her chair.

"For some reason, I have a feeling we can't." Elizabeth's smile faltered slightly. A godly as Tom wanted to appear, he was still a boy in need of a warm dinner and that made Elizabeth smile in a way she wouldn't imagine ever sharing with someone else. "Come on, Tom, we shouldn't miss the entirety of dinner, who knows what conspiracies people concocted in their minds." She teased him.

"Wouldn't dinner be over by now?" Tom softly asked as a gong erupted from the large clock that hung in the library, causing Tom to involuntarily flinch.

"Not for us, come on." Elizabeth stood up from the desk, she turned away not waiting for a reply or an action to indicate he would follow. She knew he would. In her experience from observing her father, people would always follow the confident. Truthfully, she was doubtful they had to truly be confident, if a large enough group of people believed she was confident, they would follow, she was sure of it. Sure enough, the clicking of Tom's raggedy shoes scurried after her, making haste like she knew he would. A smile slowly slipped onto her lips. One different to before. One with malice intent.

Slipping into the overcrowded halls, Elizabeth's eyes gleamed with wild amusement as Tom stayed close by her side as they weaved between the flock of students hurrying to not miss their curfew and miss whatever event was being held in their common rooms. But with food in mind, the common rooms and dorms and friends had slipped from her mind and all that was left was the thought of magnificent and wild amounts of food Hogwarts homed. Anything she could ever want, Hogwarts had.

"El," Clifford's voice carried over the exuberant children, drawing her attention to the side where Clifford and his friend Fergus loomed over everyone, watching them. Slipping between the nameless figures of her fellow Hogwarts students, Elizabeth came face to face with her older brother. In a fleeting moment her self-control slipped between her fingers, her eyes lit up with joy she knew was unacceptable of someone of her standing.

"What do you want this time?" Elizabeth asked, folding her arms, her sharp canines sinking into her cheek, biting back a grin.

"Just wondering where you two kids went, I didn't see you at dinner." Clifford shrugged his shoulders, feigning a nonchalant façade that Elizabeth could easily see through. Façades were for outsiders. Never family.