A Paint of Red

Deno POV

------

Sprinting is all I can remember, running in a fit of agitation, tension, confusion, and most of them all, fear. I could feel all of these emotions boil inside of me until they almost reached a breaking point that I wouldn't be ever able to survive. But they kept burning within me, and the best thing to do in that position is staying calm. Long and deep breathes escaped my snout and muzzle as I took in long breathes trying to keep myself as calm as possible. The blinding white lights with every increment of distance covered always made me think that we are almost there, yet so far. The Hallway was recognizable, the exact same hallway that created one of the worst days of my life which just got surpassed today. The Hallway of the hospital. 

My hands were held tight onto the metal handle that stretched across the hospital bed as I could feel my heart pounding within my chest and waking me up, boosting me with adrenaline with every pump that passed around my body, my legs rushing into a swift and straight direction across the hallway with my best friends on the sides alongside nurses screaming medical terms that only echoed in my ears but had no interpretation. 

One nurse went over the backstory, describing the history of the 'patient' of this specific trauma accident that occurred alongside rushing him inside. "Timber Wolf, incident with two 9mm bullets on the lower right abdomen, bleeding is rapid, need an 18 gauge in both arms" one of the nurses ordered as he sprinted along with us beside the hospital bed. "How?" He said quickly trying to direct the question towards us if we knew anything about the context of the situation.

"don't know" Klondike exclaimed alongside all of us, sprinting as he held the hospital bed tightly. I could hear muffled crying, and screams that I immediately couldn't recognize from who they were. 

Alec. 

I could hear his crying and screaming and I badly wanted to comfort him, hold him right then and there, but now was no time to do that, now was no time at all. We kept on sprinting across hallways as some other nurses beside us screamed "EKG" and "wound pressure" as they were the only one's I understood. 

I looked at Alec, whose eyes were full of pain, crying and sobbing, screaming and still trying to say as calm as he could. He was trying his best, as much as he could, even though he was pouring, I could still see that he was trying, and most of the time, trying is all that matters. He tried to hold it together, yet he kept tearing and screaming. His strong breaths suggested he was trying, and I was proud of him, especially in this situation. It would be near too impossible, but he still tried. 

Cutting some corners and hallways as the brightness and the atmosphere changed as we entered more into the hospital. What a fucking big hospital, 

someone could die just getting to the emergency room

bullshit layout

I was getting angry within myself, I wanted to reach the ER as fast as I could otherwise it could be lethal, but it felt like the hallways never ended. They kept stretching on and on and never seemed to have a destination where we were trying to reach. Other than Alec's screams and cries, others filled the hospital and created a disturbing atmosphere that I couldn't forget. I was terrified with every second of anticipation building within me, guiding me to a state that I never could imagine. 

I've never been in a trauma situation that was this lethal and other than what happened to Kol, yet this was a gunshot wound and that is always scary. Something terrible happened and I don't know what. I wish I could understand and find out but I had nothing. What happened?

I used to train in the army, with guns, weapons that are worth ending lives so I know the lethality of the weapon being used, and it isn't something to let slide. We could be in trouble if there is no evidence.