Focussing on Self

Deno POV

===

"Jake" I whispered as I felt my blood boil, my hands scrunch into fists and my gaze lock onto him. The moonlight shining behind him turned his face into a shadow without any detail but the outline of a panda. 

"Well, you got that right" he continued, raising his arm and signalling the Hyena behind him and Folf behind me to close in. I darted my head to the right to catch a glimpse of all of them moving in. They are definitely going to attack me

Jake's head separated from the light behind him, slowly becoming clearer in my vision. He moved in towards me but didn't seem aggressive. He kept swirling the keychain on his fingers as he slowly fumbled forward. "You fucked with me Mr Deno, and I gotta admit, you're pretty good" he sarcastically complimented. "You know how to fight, you got the skills, and I assume you know the benefits involved in holding up" he continued closing the distance between us until he was right next to my face, "and the consequences"

I looked straight into his eyes, waiting for the right moment when I could attack him and find a way to run away from here. My heartbeat increased, my fist scrunched tighter, waiting for the right moment, either they will find a way to attack me, 

or I will

But instead, 

"So tensed," Jake smirked, "Scared?" he leaned forward and whispered. I didn't give him a single word. "Oo, that anger, or fear, whatever it is you are trying to hide. Don't worry, we ain't gonna do anything to you today" he chuckled indicating his fellow friends to follow along. "We just wanted a little chat" his smirk grew bigger. "Anyways, hope we didn't scare you too much" he and the Hyena brushed past me. My eyes darted down towards Jake's pocket seeing the edge of an open packet hanging and covered in speckles of light blue dust. The same packet we handed over to Henry.

Methamphetamine 

How did he get it back?

My eyebrows darted down and confusion ran over me. I looked back at him as he was acknowledging the lack of knowledge I had. 

He chuckled.

"You don't know how the world works Deno," he preached while pushing the hanging edge back into his pocket. "You really don't" he continued on. "And certainly you don't know who and what you are fucking with right now, so my advice, mostly professional, is to get the fuck out of here. Leave Amsterdam and go. We don't want a nosy wolf sniffing into our business and eventually even getting hurt, am I right guys" he smirked as his friends repeated "right" in unison. 

"So my advice professionally is to leave, go anywhere in the Netherlands, in the world, transfer your bullshit we don't give a shit. But get the fuck out of here" Jake warned with all his amusement fading and rage building upon his face. 

I chuckled

slowly from my snout, but gradually building until a clear laugh was heard.

They all three stared at me with both confusion and anger

"Oh buddy, one wolf? sniffing into your business? aww? he's going to get hurt" I continued laughing. "Well, that wolf doesn't care if he gets hurt. Oh but it feels good to see the truth, to see that the wolf is a really big threat to your business, to see who really is the scared ones here" I continued to chuckle in between. 

"Leave" the Hyena behind screamed.

"Or else" I added.

"Or else" the Hyena behind him came forward, "We will fuck with you and the ones you love so bad-"