the only exception

The day Y/N and Taka met was the day they also visited Oikawa on his bed at the hospital. She looks at him softly. His eyes were looking at the ceiling oddly, like his life was sucked out of him for a long time ago. His hair sticks up cutely, as his hands are making this little fidgets that she thinks is from playing volleyball.

"Grandpa, I brought someone here. She's Y/N." He looks at him and then at her. Then flashed a smile, a very warm smile. If it weren't for her instincts, she will believe that this man is happy. But no, she saw that kind of smile before, and it was terrifying.

"Is she your girlfriend? That's right, men are created for women. Not women for women, and men for men." Then he quickly avoided their gazes. She looks at Taka who is putting his things on top of the cabinet. "No Popops. She's a friend." Then he sits across her. He gently pulls Oikawa's hand towards him and rubs it gently. "Popops, can you still remember when you were younger?" Oikawa's eyes shone like a newly polished diamond.

"I was a very happy man before, and I have a bestfriend. His name is Iwaizumi Hajime." He looks at the ceiling, remembering the details. "Speaking of which, he looks like you. Do you know him?" She immediately shook her head. Then he continued.

"After the school lunch, grab my bag shittykawa, we're cutting." Of course, it's not what he said.

"Iwa-chan! Let's cut chemistry. How's that sound?" Iwaizumi smacks him for the idea. "Ouch, c'mon Iwa-chan, let's go to the rooftop I got the key." Iwaizumi looks at him like he's about to beat this btch up. "Where'd you get that?" Oikawa shruggs his shoulder. "Uhm I accidentally picked it up." Iwaizumi shakes his head and left him on the hallway. After the bell rang, both of them are running out of the school, out of breath while their bags are on their forehead, hands clasp together and smiling freely.

They reached a convenience store. The man on the counter throws a cigarette pack on them and shouted. "Kids! Mind my business! Stop running around!" They picked some junk foods and a 1L softdrink. They payed for the foods and went to the seaside. The sunset looks good.

"Iwa-chan, do you think we'll still best friends 10 years from now?" His question still lingers in Iwaizumi's mind...

"He said 10 years. But it's been 20 years and I've never heard from him." She didn't know that her tears are pouring out. "What- I'm sorry, I was moved. " She wipes her eyes with his handkerchief. "Popops why don't you rest for a bit?" Taka said, the old man nods and laid his back on the bed. He also requested to be left with her because he wants to talk to her.

"I wish I could meet him. I have a lot of questions." She looks shocked. He smiles and pointed out the sweater she was holding earlier. "I gave this to him. We swore to each other that if we turn 30, we'll marry each other, adopt some cats and live peacefully. I'm not gay." She looks at him and he gently rubs her hand. "But he was the only exception."

the only exception / paramore