As The Gods Will

spoiler free review 10/10 great shit

This is a nightmare filled adventure that will leave you teary. Many of the scenes can feel like a fever dream with the strange beings and games played out alongside the sometimes VERY gruesome deaths.

One tip. Don't hold attachment to many of the characters you see. They 90% of the time, will die.

This story is about basically high schools around the world turning into death games usually from children's games. The first challenge faced was an abrupt game if red light green light where only one can make it. And another game of cat and mouse. The sequel takes perspective of a kid who skipped class that day who faces the alternative challenges given to those who failed to show up. I'd say if you really want to you can read the sequel first since the art and quality is overall better. I accidentally read 60% of it first lol.

Though reading the first book provides a tad bit more context to characters.

Be warned that this sorta has yaoi. Like not straight up yaoi. Basically like a hisoka. Hisoka is "interested" in gon because of his power. But the yaoi isn't really mutual and the mc is straight.

This story also has some really dark ass humor. Like they'll introduce this random character, give them a full name and backstory. Then legit kill them in the next panel. Like nobody even mentions it again. I don't know how many times I've died seeing this throughout the story.

Thus story has everything. Yaoi. A trap. Panty shots. Gruesome deaths. Great games that take logic and wits to complete. And a great ending that repairs breaks then repairs you heart again. Also amazing art.

My profile picture as of right now is one of the Neutral antagonists in the second book.

Also the second to last game felt like Infinity War ngl.