08 | the temptress

15 years old

15 years old

"Amor?" Diego says, the word rolling off his tongue smoothly.

"Love," I reply immediately.

"Desayuno?"

"Breakfast."

"Leche?"

"Milk. This is way too easy."

"Okay," Diego nods his head, a hint of a mischievous smirk playing on his lips. "Preocupado."

"Uhh," I trail off, scratching the back of my head in confusion. Why did I have to open my big mouth? "Preoccupied?"

"Wrong. Dispuesto."

"Dispute?"

He smiles. "No. Aguacate."

"Fuck!" I throw up my arms in defeat. "I don't know."

"You're going to fail."

My eyes narrow at him. "No I'm not."

With my Spanish test scheduled for tomorrow, Diego took it upon himself to help me study. Everything was going fine until he decided to be a little shit and turn things up a notch.

"You'll get a sixty percent at best."

"Those aren't even going to be on the test. Quit fucking with me," I grumble, grabbing onto one of my pillows and chucking it at him.

He lets it hit him and laughs loudly. "Or what?"

"Or else I'm kicking you out of my room."

"You know I'll find a way back in."

"Then I'll just end up fighting you."

"And you'll fail tremendously. Look at how small you are."

I feel my face grow hot. "My size won't affect my ability to snap your fucking neck."

Diego snickers. "Good luck reaching it."

I narrow my eyes at the pain in my ass that I call my best friend. I was far from short. "Do you really want to test me right now?"

He smiles at me, his eyes softening despite my murderous glare pinned on him. "Eres tan linda."

"Yeah? We'll see if I'm still cute when my fist meets your face."

My phone suddenly buzzes and I lean further across the bed to get it. The screen lights up, displaying a message from Nicholas from my Spanish class.

Nick: hey, can u send me the answers for the homework plz

Rolling my eyes, my thumbs move quick to text back a reply.