02 | DELUSION OR REALITY

WARNINGS!
mentions of
suicide attempt.

"seulbyul!"

was it him?

it sounded exactly like him. as if he was so desperate to reach her. his voice was so far from her reach, but she still looked at her left and right. she could follow the directions of that voice, and maybe it'll lead her to him.

so she followed the direction.

she couldn't believe it. maybe that was the reason why she never wanted to attend donghyuck's funeral.

he was calling for her name right now.

what if he never died? if he did, he wouldn't be calling her like this right now. maybe he was hiding, maybe he was waiting for her so that they could run away together. for real now, away from the world.

step by step, she walked towards the voice. and the more she walked, the louder and clearer she could hear him. it felt so real. one moment she was crying over his death, and now she was reaching towards him.

she didn't want to think about anything right now. so she kept on walking.

she walked, and walked.

the voice became louder and louder, calling out her name so desperately. she knew he was so desperate, the feeling was totally natural. it was totally unfair how he left her just like that.

this was totally the chance.

she was about to reach out for him,

she was going to see him,

when she felt a hand strongly grabbed her waist and roughly pulled her back, almost made her fell down.

"what are you doing, seulbyul?!"

huh?

it wasn't donghyuck's voice anymore.

she tried to listen, searching for his voice, but he wasn't there anymore. he wasn't calling out for her anymore.

instead, she was in the arms of a man who looked at her in total fear

"what were you thinking?!"

"what, jaemin?"

"didn't you realize what almost happened to you?!" he was so angry, but his grip on her arm loosened. he was still holding her, tightly but gently at the same time.

"what?" she looked up, eyes meeting his. she could see nothing but fear in him who was staring back at her. he was almost out of breath, as if he ran so fast to reach her.

she wanted to reach donghyuck.

but jaemin reached her first.

not fair.

"seulbyul, hey! im talking to you!" she could feel his hands being placed on top of her shoulders, shaking her so she would move her attention to him. and he succeeded.

"what is it?" she asked in a low tone, since jaemin had his face so close to hers. she tried to pull away but she can't. his grip was gentle, but strong enough to keep her in place.

"seulbyul..." his tone softened, but she still could feel his shaking breath, and hear his trembling voice.

"if i was one second late.."