10 | THEIR FAVORITE CRIMES, AND TO LOVE AGAIN

she felt so damn guilty the moment she walked away.

it wasn't that she had to ruthlessly turn him down, even she was dumbfounded about this. her best friend confessing about his feelings she always knew, and being kissed by him.

not to say how much that kiss reminded her of someone else.

she couldn't have this, every time she looked at jaemin, every time she feels his touch, there was nothing she could do but to remember donghyuck. as if it was a curse that could never ever go away. she was so sick of it. she never wanted this friendship to end, but knowing damn well what will happen to him the next day. it will be so so so awkward.

slamming her door close, she leaned her back against it, trying to recall what just happened. she couldn't help but feel so guilty. what should she do? what should she say to him tomorrow?

"its a nice move actually, don't feel guilty."

her heart skipped a beat when she heard a familiar voice echoing the room. 

slowly, she moved her gaze towards the voice, and she gasped when she saw donghyuck crouching in front of her, smiling widely.

"i wasn't expecting you to just leave him hanging like that." he tapped chin with his index finger, making seulbyul shot him a glare.

seulbyul sighed before she looked at her surrounding. there she was, in the white walls again. well, that didn't bother her anymore. not when donghyuck sat down in front of her, her knees touching his as he gave her a small smile.

"tell me, love, what was it?"

seulbyul looked down, and donghyuck slowly took her hand in his. 

"no need to tell me, i know everything actually." he shrugged it off, his thumb caressing her hand like how jaemin did to her. and seulbyul just couldn't comprehend the fact that when donghyuck did this, she can only feel donghyuck. but when it was jaemin, it was never him in her mind. it was donghyuck. it was always him.

"w...what should i do?" she asked, and donghyuck stared into her eyes.

"nothing. if you don't love someone, don't force that feeling," he said, his thumb slowly removing the tears that fall from her eye. 

"i just have to do what we promised, so you can leave this weird place and-"

"you can't force it." he shut her up by interlocking his fingers with her. she looked into his eyes, and she cried again. she hated how weak she become when she was with him. just for once, can her tears stop falling?

donghyuck who noticed her tears smiled softly before he pulled her into a hug. 

"don't cry."

"I just missed you so much, I tried my best to forget about you. and jaemin just had to-"

"shhh, it's okay," he whispered into her hair, rubbing her back soothingly to calm her down. he couldn't blame jaemin for this. he knew how much jaemin loved her, and he really thought jaemin was the one. guess it wasn't. but still....

"you have all the time in the world, seulbyul." 

she is strong, he knew that.

the fact that nothing happened to her actual body in naeun's room when he had her dream figure close to his body was enough for him to know, she tried her best to move on. 

"i don't think i can fall in love anymore." she sighed, making donghyuck chuckle.

"happiness didn't just come from love. achieving the dream you worked hard for could lead to happiness too. it could be anything." he said, slowly pulling away to look into her eyes.