05 | DREAM EQUALS DEATH

TW : suicide attempt.

finally, she woke up in naeun's room.

no more white walls, no more short of oxygen and spaces. everything was fine. everything went back to normal.

as if nothing happened last night,

maybe.

she was about to sit up when jaemin walked into the room with a hot soup and a glass of water. he gave her a smile which she didn't response anything back. instead, she just watched him slowly sit down on the bed as he let out a small sigh.

"how are you feeling?"

"good, just some headaches..."

her words where cut off when jaemin slowly put the back of his hand at her forehead, checking her temperature. she was taken aback for a few seconds, but the worried look jaemin gave her turned off all the hesitations she had.

she knew how scared both of them last night.

"you didn't catch a cold. thank god." he smiled.

seulbyul who didn't have anything to say just looked down, somehow she felt awkward after hugging him last night. she was terrified of that room. she was scared that she probably had died there, a place where she felt so real. 

but that didn't have anything to do with the person she saw last night.

no one knew how happy she was to see him.

even though his face wasn't that welcoming, it could be just a dream.

but still, she wanted to know why did he look at her like that. was he ... unhappy in the afterlife? why was he alone? when she thought about the scenery in her dream last night, it saddened her. even if it was only a dream, the gaze he gaze her felt factual. it didnt feel like a dream at all. what was he trying to tell her? or was it the bad demons trying to make her feel bad?

nonetheless, she just wanted donghyuck to be happy. was that dream a sign for her? what should she do to make sure he'll smile again?

"hey..."

oh, she forgot jaemin was sitting in front of her.

"are you okay? you dozed off—"

"im fine" she waved it off before she grabbed the bowl of soup that jaemin brought from the kitchen. he probably cooked it, couldnt be renjun though. he wouldnt be that sympathizing to cook for her. bet he didnt even care about what happened to her last night.

"look, jaemin... thanks for accompanying me last night." she muttered, eyes glued at the bowl of soup in her hands knowing that jaemin was literally staring at her ever since he came into this room. it was so awkward, she never went through this moment with jaemin.

"its okay. just don't scare me like that again." he said in a low tone, before he gave her a warm smile. "take a day off today, you know where to find your clothes."

yeah, right. her clothes.

since this house was like her second house, she kept 40% of her clothes here. and since naeun's stuffs weren't enough to fit in this big room, she could use some spaces. renjun couldn't say anything about it too, she can take naeun away from him anytime she wanted to.

but she knew she could never separate them.

"i'll tell the boss you're sick. just take some rest today."

"alright...."

didn't want to argue with him, she just ate the meal he brought while staring at the wall. she didn't have the energy to deny him, and she didn't want to think about work today too. she should take some air, thank god renjun's house is far away from the busy town.