The Love Pass

(Picture is not mine. The ship was requested by @I_Eat_Rocks_Inc . @Melisa_Offxl also asked to be tagged. I hope you enjoy :) I dub this ship... Ouharukaito. Unless you have something better... Probably.)

—-Maki-—

Maki ate her udon silently. It was one of the only things she enjoyed in this killing game. What else was there to be happy about?

The announcement monitor flickered on, Monokuma appearing grainy on the screen. That couldn't be good.

"Puhuhu! Have I got a deal for you! Head to the gym immediately!"

A groan was shared around the cafeteria, and Maki decided to stand up and head there. There was no use wasting time, they were bound to end up in the gym inevitably.

Soon after the rest began to follow suit.

—-

Maki stood in the back of the crowd, unsure of whether she could actually call it a crowd with only sixteen students.

Monokuma popped upwards from who knows where, maybe a trapdoor under the floorboards of the stage, or something of the sort. "Puhuhu! A new motive ready for you all!"

"Just spit it out already!" Kaito called out from beside Maki. What an idiot, if he continued to yell at Monkuma like that, he would get himself killed. Why did she care anyway?

"Alright, alright, don't hurry me!!" Monokuma shouted back, his face going red. "Your new motive is... Bum, bum, bum!! The Love Pass!!"

"What's that even?! Explain!"

"Grr... I was going to!! STOP INTERUPTING ME! The Love Pass is an entitlement you obtain. The ability to save a loved one! Once you commit murder, anyway you like, keep in mind! You and your chosen loved one get to live on!"

That almost sounded too good to be true. Maki's eyes quickly landed on Kaito... She turned away. How dare she even consider murder for that idiot... Her gaze passed by Kokichi as well, as if she couldn't help it. She imagined shooting him in the back. That made her feel better.

—-Kokichi-—

Kokichi wasn't sure he heard correctly. A chance to save them..? He could only save one, damnit... And someone else was bound to take this chance... He couldn't kill someone. Or everyone for that matter! To leave everyone of these classmates to die? That was unthinkable, even though he had vowed that they weren't his friends. They couldn't be trusted, but could he be trusted..? He didn't really like hearing these thoughts. He stared at Maki and Kaito for a moment. He had to take this chance before anyone else could... It was either they survive, or they die. He'd need to ask Monokuma some questions...

—-

Kokichi laid down on his checkered bed. He held a pen above his face, hand in the air, twirling it around, back and forth, and back and forth as he thought.

"Hey, Monokuma!" He shouted, aware of the fact that the dorms were soundproofed. He sat up on his bed, the wrinkled bedsheets falling to the floor beside him. Kokichi couldn't be bothered to pick them up.

Monokuma sprung up from the ground. "What is it now?! This better be important if you're callin' for me in the middle of my pancake session!"

"You're what..?"

"MY PANCAKE SESSION! We have very great butter, I'll have you know! Imported from the cage of death!"

"I'm not gonna ask. Anyways, I called you here for a reason, Monokuma. I need to know... If it's possible to swap The Love Pass over to two people... Excluding me."