Chapter 3. Dead Mother And Repeating Dreams.

The summer went by in a flash. People came fore vacation, left a few days later with a look of wonder on their face. The children laughed and swam, not noticing the atmosphere of the town folk. By the end of summer everything was mostly back to normal.

    During the tourist season I still had the dreams, just not regularly. Now that school was tomorrow it seemed as though my dreams came back. I could care less about the dreams, in fact I didn’t care for them at all. Sitting up in bed I caught the first ray of sunshine in my eye.

    “Oh what a joy! Not only do I have to cook breakfast this morning but, I might as well be blind while doing it.” I announced in a cheerful and sarcastic tone.

    “Uhm, no. Sorry Breeze but we need you to be able to see when you cook. Don’t want the house to catch on fire do we?”

    Before I could answer mom she walked down the hallway, seeming to not remember last night. Standing still not wishing to disturb the peace I thought of what to cook for breakfast.

    “Dinner for breakfast?” My voice lingered in the air un noticed. Pleased with myself I walked to the kitchen and started to prepare breakfast.

    “Ham, check. Eggs…” I looked at them. “All empty except for three, I think check? Potatoes, check. After about five minutes of getting the ingredients together I finally started to make breakfast…well until mom screamed for everyone to go outside.

    “DUDE!!!”

    “WHAT!!” Mom’s voice was oddly bitter.

    Deciding to just leave it I mumbled. “Breakfast was cooking.” Now my mom having supersonic hearing heard that.

    “I DON’T CARE ABOUT BREAKFAST!!!!!” Her breath came in great gasp.

    “Mom? Are you feeling ok?” I asked with a hushed whisper.

    “He made me. He would of killed me. He said don’t tell. Why? What did I do to deserved this.”

    As my mother kept going on I saw something glint behind her. When I tried to see what it was. She caught what I was doing and hid what it was. I kept moving, trying to see what it was. She wouldn’t let me.

    “The world deserves everything it has coming to it. HE…He deserves to DIE!!”

    Who deserves to die? Why is my mother talking like this?

    “Sometimes fate is hard. The only way it can be easier is if it all ends. “

    “MOTHER!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?” My voice was rising. I couldn’t hold back my frustration anymore. “NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!”

    As I looked at my mother I saw someone who was defeated. I saw the ancient pain of losing something and never finding it and yet knowing what happened.

    “You know that boy that was at you window last night.” I stood still, how did she know? “You can trust him. He will keep you safe.”

    “What do you mean safe? I am safe, mother please tell me what’s happening?”

    “My darling Breeze, I can’t.” She walked forward and stroked my hair. “I can’t.”

    That’s all she said. She turned around and started to walk towards the dock. Then she stopped. She turned around, looked at me and smiled. The she took out the object that was glinting, raised it and by the time I knew what she was doing she already slit her neck.

    “MOTHER!! NO!! Why?”

    I crumpled to the ground. My sisters and now my mother. Who was torturing her? Why did this have to happen now? Why…?

    “BREEZE!!”

    I didn’t move.

    “Breeze when I call YOU ANSW-“ Hi speech was cut short.

    He rushed to where I was then looked at mother. His face showed nothing. No pain. Nothing. What is wrong with him?

    “She’s gone.” That was all I could manage.

    “It had to happen sooner or later.”

    I stood shocked. Was that all he was going to say. “It had to happen sooner or later.” What was his problem.

    “What is your problem. She is your wife, and she just killed herself!”

    “Yes, I know and I feel terribly sad but you didn’t know that she was going mentally insane did you?”

    “NO!!”

    I’m the child I don’t know anything. I felt like saying that to him. I felt like shoving his face into the ground.

    “No need to scream. We, well I, didn’t tell you because I didn’t think that it would have been necessary. I didn’t think that she would do this.”

    As he said this he was looking at mother. I could see something but it wasn’t familiar. It looked like rage, pain. Mostly sadness though. Why did it look like it was fake though?

    “Well, lets call the cops. See what they can do.”

    Then he turned around and walked away. If I had known that this would have been the let time I would of saw mother then I would of made her look pretty and given her some flowers. But I did not know.

    Going back to my bedroom and looking out the window I saw the cops. “Dad must be telling them.” I thought. I went on to my balconey and looked below me.

    There was a note, silver in the sun and white in the shade. I ran down the stairs and looked at the note. I picked it up and read it. What is said was chilling.

    “Let those who dare impose me and threaten the secret die in there own chamber of nothing.”

    “By that note was another. This one said.

    “I know what happened. I can’t tell. Stay safe…”

    what am I to stay safe from?

End of this chap enjoy.