Chapter 3 - The Queen

His arrangement seemed so mean. Too demanding and I didn't know exactly the full picture on what was going on. Until my best friend filled me in of course.

At the bar that night Yamada was full of questions. On her second drink she felt saddened. It wasn't the alcohol either. It was the unknown. The rogue I.S. units out there. Chifuyu's handsome cousin. Then his arrangement.

"So, what's this girl like?" Asked Yamada.

"Ha. Right. My Aunt and Madoka I think get along behind my back. And with that said, I hate The Queen that (FN)'s mother is obsessed with hitching together. It's not child friends. Otherwise Houki or Fuang would be exclusively fighting over Ichika. If it was power than you go I would say throw Laura in. But what bothers me is I've seen this girl Lexie pilot an I.S. unit. Why she isn't enrolled here scares me."

"Lexie!? Her name sounds like a homewrecker." Gasped Yamada.

"I get the same vibes. There is something toxic that is going on. What that is I don't know. Too many questions in my head. I just don't want them answered right away." Chifuyu took a sip of her beer. "Some of them can wait. But really Maya, you think he's for sale?"

"No but, what would it be?" She blushed.

"That comes straight from him. I can't just set someone up with my brother or him. All I can simply do is approve. Now I think all the girls involved with both of my boys have at least a little bit of a temper problem, but it happens at that age." She smirked. "Though like I said before. That's him."

"What does that mean? I have to be forward with it while still being his teacher?" Yamada pondered.

"Yes."

"Okay. But could you tell me a little bit about Lexie? Just so I know what I'm up against?"

"Alright. If you say so." Chifuyu took another sip and went to go with the setting. "Picture a Princess with an attitude. Pearl white bedding and curtains with royalty red carpeting. Then there she is. I'd say almost 5'6" with jet black hair and these sparkling blue eyes. Medium curves and when she wears a black top and a skirt or nice pants she has her bright skin pop. Why she doesn't model is probably because of her mother. She's been mentioned in Infinite Stripes a few times."

"Oh God... how do I compete with that..." Yamada felt like her confidence was just slammed into the floor. Probably creating a hole in the floor that are holding the stools.

"But she's a complete bitch. And that's an understatement. Those eyes, that skin, and her hair are ugly as sin because her angel looks are worse than a devil personality at best."

"Yeah but, that's hot to some. You know that."

"But I'd never approve of her. She has no good intentions."

"Chufuyu..."

"What?"

"Come on. A bombshell talking about personality will win. Come on."

"Get her in the room for a minute or two and you will see why. You won't even want to look at her."

"That's it? How do I compete with that?"

"You have something that some girls don't have. You need more than just looks. Cuteness, charm, and personality go great lengths." She winked at Yamada before attending her beer.

"How do you know about this so much?"

Chifuyu flat out laughed. "Oh boy. You have no idea. I went to a regular high school you know. Wore the tie and skirt. I know I can be fun when I want. I had my flings. But guess what? None were worth it." The fact she dated when she comes across as hating men sometimes.

"I see... Any advice?"

Chifuyu finished her beer. "Do I got to sing it for ya?"

"You'd do that for me?" Yamada perked up a smile.

"Oh boy." She stepped away from the bar.

If there is any Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, or Bing Crosby fans out there this is originally called Style. Early 60s I believe.

🎶Some girls get dressed 'cause they like to get dressed. But some get dressed to get dressed.

It's only a hunch but I bet you a bunch. Some decide to with pants over the dress.

You've either got or you haven't got style. If you try you'll just stand out a mile. A flower's not a flower if it's wilted. It's like eating ice cream when it's melted.

You either got or you haven't got class. It draws all the boys from the masses. When you get them under a spell, and you get them feeling well, you look into any mirror and smile.🎶

"Wow..." Yamada was amazed. Amazing how a husky voiced woman has some good pipes. "So what about the charm thing?"

🎶You've, either, got or you haven't got charm.
Style and charm they kinda go arm and arm.

There as a chance that uncertain.
But with some help they'll be calling for the curtain.

You got to get the fire and show her some class

Get mean and just put her on blast.

You either got or you haven't got style.
If you got it you stand out a mile.

When you wear those duds and those diamond earring studs you'll have the boys lining up single file. 

You either got or you haven't got.
Got or you haven't got.
G

ot or you haven't got,

Style! 🎶

Y

amada was amazed. The bartender was shocked that a regular got up from the bar and started singing. It was a little quiet, but this kind of stuff never happened. And low and behold the woman that is a hard ass, tough as nails, bachelorette for a long time coming knows how to attract a man. Go figure. For some many hard to believe. But for Yamada, she had some serious work ahead of her. 

Lining up boys single file. I don't know. If would be lucky with one. I started to think to the point where I only have only a few years left where I'm attractive. Maybe I can try something. Little touches. See what he says. Maybe a little I.S. training? Maybe she's right. And if she didn't 'approve' then she wouldn't drop all of the hints.  

~~~~~

If only. I'd like to see her all dolled up outside the minotaur outfit.

-Rel