Chapter 3

(Calum's POV)

It had been a few days since I last saw Lacey. I later found out that Kai, a fellow soccer team member said some kind of smart ass comment to her in class.
That seems to be happening a lot lately. Everyone in our language arts class, I hear about her at lunch, and in my other classes. It gets me angry, but I can't risk getting benched at games for setting someone in their place.
Soccer practice began in a few minutes, and I was changing into my practice jersey.
"Hey, let's chill at my house after?" I asked Luke, Mikey, and Ashton as they met me at my locker.
"Yeah! as long as we can get pizza. I've been craving pizza and so has Trin." Michael said. Trinity was Michael's girlfriend of 4 years. They've been dating since the 8th grade. It's senior year, and their 5 year was coming up. We all think they're going to get married one day.
"Deal. Let's get out there boys!" I said, they clapped and followed me out to the field.

"Cal, you got new neighbors?" Trinity said, looking out my living room window. I looked her way.
"Yeah, Johns girlfriend from Minnesota moved in with her daughter." I answered her question.
"Cal had a crush on her." Ashton said. a bunch of "oooo's" came from the others in the house. I instantly felt the heat rise in my cheeks, and a smile crept on my face.
"What's she like?" Trinity ignored the ignorance of the others.
"She's beautiful actually. Her eyes are just, breathtaking. But she doesn't talk.." I trailed off.
"It's that new girl isn't it? Lacey?" Trinity said, her eyes lighting up. I haven't had any sort of crush since my last girlfriend, Tori. Long story short, I was completely in love with her and she cheated on me. I've had horrible trust issues since then.
"Yeah, that's her." I confirmed.
"Well, how are you going to get to know her? If she doesn't talk you know?" Luke jumped in.
"That's what I'm stuck on. I don't know." I said. I really want to get to know Lacey. I know she has to be such an amazing person.
"You could text her? And if you're with her, you could use a note pad or something?" Beth, Lukes girlfriend said. I gave it some thought.
"You're brilliant Beth!" I exclaimed, giving her a huge hug.
"Alright alright, now get me some pizza mate, I'm starving!" Michael said, frustrated. We all laughed, and I picked up the phone to call the pizza place.

*Lacey's POV*
It had been a very long two weeks of school. Basically, everyone hates me. Well, almost everyone.
The only people that seemed to show me any kind of mercy are my teachers, and a few soccer players. Aka, Calum and his friends.
Nothing major, just a few smiles, waves, and more smiling. I appreciated it, but I was suspicious.
I was on my way home, earbuds blasting a random Green Day song, when I heard a loud honk.
I jumped at the sudden sound, and turned around.
"Hey! Wanna ride home?" Calum's New Zealand accent rang. He had a smile plastered on his face as he waited for my answer.
"Come on, it's not a problem!" Ashton, one of Calum's friends from Australia popped his head out the window.
I have a small shrug, why the hell not? I opened the door and hopped in the seat next to Calum.
"This is Ashton, Michael, Trinity, Beth, and Luke. Guys, this is Lacey, my newish neighbor." Calum introduced me. I gave them a wave.
"Calum's told us a lot about you." Trinity said.
She was beautiful to say the least. She had light brown hair that hit just above the small of her back, and her dark brown, almost black, big eyes stared at me in interest.
"Like how pretty he thinks you are!" Michael, the bleach blonde, punk rock esk boy said from behind me.
"MICHAEL!" Calum said, in attempts to shut him up. I saw heat rising to Calum's cheeks.
"I'm sorry. I do think you're pretty. Really pretty." Calum said, attempting to kill the awkwardness, not really succeeding.
He thinks I'm pretty? Why would he think that? We pulled up to my house, and Calum unbuckled his seat belt, as I did.
"I'll walk you to your porch." He said, I smiled, making sure he knew that that was okay.
"Bye Lacey! It was nice meeting you!" Trinity said, everyone followed up with something similar to that. I smiled at them and followed Calum to my porch.
"I'm sorry about my friends, they all have no filter huh?" He laughed, itching the back of his neck. I smiled and nodded slightly.
"Hey, do you text? you know, I didn't know because of the not talking thing and... I'm sorry.. but do you text?" Calum stuttered nervously. I nodded, answering his question.
"Great! Here, put your number into my phone." He said, handing me his phone. I entered my information, and handed it back to him.
"Cool, well, I'll see you around Lacey." He said, smiling. I waved back at him as he walked back to his car.
There's something about him. I can't figure it out, but there's something much different about him.

(Later that night)
I heard my phone chime, signaling that I had a text message. I looked at the screen, and smiled.

From: Calum Hood
Hey (: I know it's pretty late but I'm glad I got to see you for a little bit today.

I almost laughed at how cute that was. I haven't laughed in over 3 years.
I replied, and fell into my pillow, falling asleep with a smile on my face.

*Calum's POV*
I smiled at what I saw on my phone screen.

From: Lacey Evans
It was nice spending a bit of time with you too (: goodnight Calum.

I smiled and put my head on my pillow, falling asleep with a smile on my face.