Part 5 (Final)

You feel as though you just watched your own soul disintegrate, burst inside you and make your chest swell with its contents.
The feeling does not reside that night when you sit astride your grey horse in the moonlight, leaning across his neck gazing unseeing into the sky. Your horse is quiet, he senses your discomfort, and waits patiently for you to return to the present.
Both he and yourself startle when Legolas approaches silently behind you on Arod.
As soon as you face him, you are crying, in the presence of something you cannot have but will always want, or more so need.
Legolas halts Arod close enough to put an arm around your waist, pulling you into his hair, saying nothing. You should refuse and fight the urge to want him any longer, but you need his comfort one last time before you can move on without him. But he is always going to be here, with you, just not in the emotional way you had hoped for since you were a child.
"We had it for a while." Legolas whispers, as silent as the surrounding darkness that you are not sure if it is your subconscious speaking to you. "And we may have it again, one day, for we are immortal. Our race is eternal, and so can be our love."