First Sight

Ako Saotome was just an ordinary girl with a fondness of cats. She always had her vermilion hair tied up in a bow-like shape to resemble cat ears and she acted like one on occasion. But one day, she saw something that would rid her of her ordinariness and make her into something so utterly awful.

It was a summer afternoon. Ako was 11 years old. She and her mom were walking through the streets of the town. They passed by a poster of four boys who appeared to be slightly older than her.

"Mom! Look! Cute boys!" Ako exclaimed. Her mother took a look at the poster.

"It appears that they are an idol group called M4 and they are having a autograph signing session... hm... today!" her mother replied. "Ako, do you want to get an autograph? I have some napkins in my bag you can have signed." Ako nodded. She and her mother went inside the building

The four boys were sitting down at a table. There were not many people in line waiting for an autograph. They had made it right at the end of the signing and were the last people. When it was her turn, Ako shyly handed her napkin to the members. One of the boys laughed at the napkin because he thought it was silly to bring a flimsy little napkin to get signed. Ako's eyes started to water up.

"Hey, it's okay," another boy said, "your napkin is cute, don't let him get to you, he did not mean to hurt you." Ako looked up at this boy. He had sparkling blue eyes and fluffy looking brown hair. She did not know if it was because of his looks or his words, but Ako decided this boy was the love of her life. A lot of kids were not so nice to her because of her whole cat thing. But this boy was different, even if they only ever had one exchange. Ako needed to find out who this boy was. She looked down at a name card on the table.

Subaru Yuki.

His name was Subaru Yuki.

That day, Ako went home and snuck onto her mother's computer. "Subaru Yuki" she typed into the search bar. Some pictures came up. It was him. She found him. But then she realized: finding him online means nothing if she cannot find him in person and be with him forever. That night, she learned everything there was to learn about Subaru thanks to the power of the internet. A lot of it was not helpful in being able to meet him again. But one piece of information was: he attends a school called Four Star Academy. That's easy, I can somehow get my mom to transfer me there Ako thought. She frowned when she realized it was an idol school. And there went the next year of her life. She spent it gathering Subaru merch and training to pass the Four Star entrance exams.

And the obsession would grow more.