Foolproof

Ako roamed through the store. Her quickly baked plan was beginning to take form. She hastily pushed her shopping to the tech section. She tied her hair back wore sunglasses and a black hoodie to disguise herself. Despite her constant forgetting, she was still an idol and has been gaining a following. Now she was in the aisle with security cameras.

It can't be wired, a wire would be too noticeable. Her eyes scanned the shelves until a camera caught her eye. It was a small camera you could place on a wall, and its box claimed that it used batteries that could last three years. 

This is perfect. Ako placed the camera in her cart and headed back, however she took a detour to the music section. In the music section was a handful of idol merch, some of it being M4.

They have the poster of Subaru from M4's newest release? I haven't been able to find it anywhere! She immediately took the poster and headed towards the cash registers

"Your total is ¥15254.35," the lady at the register said to Ako. The idol handed it to her in cash. It was a bit pricey, but being an idol was paying her quite a bit. The money would very much be worth it.

Ako waited at the bench she met Masahiro at yesterday. She was ten minutes early. She fiddled with the camera in her hands while waiting. Masahiro was right on time.

"You're here so early?" 

"Of course I am!" Ako smiled. "As they say, early is on time and on time is late!"

"A-ah. I'm sorry, uh, Aika?" He stood in front of her. Ako was sitting on the bench.

"Hiro! How could you forget your own girlfriend's name!" Ako pouted. "My name is Ako!" Masahiro's face turned red.

"Hiro?" he pondered. "No one's every called me that before."

"It's a pretty basic nickname for someone named Masahiro, so that's a bit surprising. Do you not like it?"

"N-no! Of course I like it! It's just I never really had friends so I didn't have anyone to call me that" he sighed. Ako pulled him down to sit on the bench and put her arm around him.

"Well, now you have a girlfriend to call you Hiro!" 

"Y-yeah." He stared down at his lap. His stomach was in knots. He could not believe how he just upgraded from having no friends to having a whole girlfriend! A kind one, too! It did not make much sense, but why would he turn her down? It was everything he could have wanted.

"As your girlfriend, I want you to be happy! I assume you wish the same for me?" Hiro shyly nodded. Ako smirked at this. "I need you to do me a favor."

"What is it?"

"Can you sneak into the M4 dorms and slip this camera in Subaru's room? I trust you can find a good place to hide it."

"You want me to put a camera in Subaru's room?" 

"Of course! I'm a huge fan of him. It would make me really happy!"  Hiro thought it over for a second. She was asking him to invade Subaru's privacy and risk getting in trouble. He looked over at Ako, ready to decline the favor, but he saw the sparkle in her eyes just thinking about having the camera in his room. She was adorable. He just couldn't let her down now. He had hit the girlfriend jackpot. What if she broke up with him?

"I'll do it."

"Thank you so much Hiro!" Ako beamed. She hugged the boy. He slowly embraced her back. 

Hiro sneakily approached the M4 dorms. There was one problem. How exactly was he going to get in? He noticed steam coming out of a window. This meant the window was open. Masahiro tiptoed to the window and peaked in. Asahi was home. He was cooking, and the window was open so he would not set off the fire alarm.

"Aw man! I forgot to buy salt!" Asahi sighed. He walked out the door of the dorm. 

This is my chance! 

Masahiro jumped through the window and ran upstairs. Not exactly the sneakiest thing to do, but he just wanted to get this done fast. To his benefit, the dorm rooms on the second floor had each member's names on the door, on a fancy plaque. He knocked on the door to see if anyone was in there. His stroke of luck continued, and no one answered his knock. He opened the door and entered Subaru's dorm. 

This is what an M4 dorm looks like?

It was not fancy at all. It looked just like his own dorm, just with one bed and a bit more room. Finding a spot to hide the camera was tricky because he could not just put it behind something. If he did, no one would be able to see the footage. However, the color of the camera was coincidentally close to the color of the dorm walls. All Masahiro had to do was get up to a corner and slap the camera in it. He pulled over a chair and some books, placed the books over the chair, and hastily put the camera in a top corner of the wall. The books shook beneath his feet. His arms flailed. Next thing he knew, he was on the ground.

"Subaru? What is that noise?" Shoot. Someone was home. Startled, Masahiro tossed the books on Subaru's chair, opened the window, and attempted to climb out. He failed and fell on the way down. Footsteps approached Subaru's dorm. 

"Hey, Subaru, what's goin- where are you?" The same hazel haired boy that caught Ako trying to murder Yume entered the room. "Was someone in here?"