Chapter 1.

Pond fiddles around with his keyboard as he replies emails after emails. He is tired of his lonesome life. He wishes he has someone to be with during the valentine that is coming up in a couple of days. Pond hits enter key and leans back into his chair. He checks his watch with the glittering gold shining back at him from the reflection of the light above him.It is almost time for him to head home along with the other worker of his.

Three knocks on the door wake him up back to reality. "Come in." Pond says. A lady enters his office with a stack of folder in her hands. Pond relaxes himself, letting out a long breath. "It's just you, Bam. I thought it was one of the other workers." Pond says.

"I'm just here to check on you. Why aren't you home yet? You do know that you're the owner of your own company right and you can leave whenever you want?" Bam asks.

Pond lifts a brow at her. "What makes you think that I have the luxury of leaving early? I have to entertain all of this stupid emails and I am honestly tired of it." He complains.

"Anyway valentine is coming up soon. Anyone you have in mind?" Bam asks.

Pond snickers. "Well, I am interested in one person."

"If you are going to say Phuwin, I will kill you. You do know that work relationship don't work right? Even if you're the boss, what will other people say if they find out that you're in a relationship with him?" Bam says. "Also I feel like he's hiding something. He's a little fishy sometimes."

"He's just an admin boy. From what I know, he lives alone and most of his relatives are not even in contact with him. He celebrates Christmas alone. What else do you think he could hide?" Pond asks. "I've seen him help out a lot of other workers here. I offered him a promotion but he rejected me multiple times."

"You need to set your eyes on someone else. I know he's keeping a secret and I don't think it's something you'd want to know." Bam says as he puts the stack of folder onto his desk. "Anyway here's more work for you. I need you to approve all of this by next week. So you can take your time doing it."

Pond let out an exhausted sigh. "Thanks."

"But seriously, what would you like for valentines day? Don't tell me you're going to be sad and lonely in your big house again?" Bam asks in a serious tone. "If you're going to be locked down in your basement playing games again, I will be personally come over and drag you out."

Pond knows that Bam has his keys to the house just for safety purposes. He also knows Bam since they were small. He trusts her to that point. "That's abuse of my trust." Pond squints his eyes at Bam.

"Well. You're an abuse to me for not finding a date." Bam answers. "Fine. If you really want Phuwin that much, I'll try to get him for you."

"I'll like to see you do that." Pond challenge, earning a big grin from his best friend.

It is finally Friday, valentines day and Pond's already in his car, preparing to go home and drown himself in games to hide the fact that he is once again alone. Pond looks at his phone, he's left Bam a lot of text messages and she has yet to reply any. Pond didn't even see her at work today.

Pond knows that Bam would always drop him a text if she were to call out sick but there is nothing today. Pond loosens up his tie as he starts driving. He'll find his friend once he has a quick change. Pond couldn't help but step onto the pedal as his worry for Bam grows more.

He quickly parks his car in his garage and heads to the kitchen through a connecting door. Pond stops his tracks when he sees trail of blood, dripping onto his kitchen floor. Pond's heart stops as he spots it. "Hello?" He calls out, partly wishing that nobody would reply and it was all going to be in his head.