Chapter 6 - Colors

Sorry! I know this chapter is kind of short, but the next chapter should be longer. . . hopefully? :D

I made a new story--the Nikkians. (Sorry if the title is weird--I couldn't think of anything else to call them. . .)

I think I might know where I'm going with it. The only story I have no idea what to do is. . . The Girl From the Snow. I might actually turn it into a Fantasy story. . . (might be more interesting) Any suggestions? PM me please?

Oh, and if you guys can--please check out any of my other stories, and tell me what you think! :)

Next chapter of Things Are Not What They Seem will be coming soon! Keep a heads up!

So yup, thank you all for supporting my stories, and hope you like this chapter!

~Star

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Light in the Dark - Chapter 6 - Colors

I nod shyly, thinking that whatever he says has to be right, but then as I think more about what he said, I ask timidly, "What is. . . blue?"

His eyes widen. And suddenly understanding dawns across his eyes. He looks back at my scars, staring sadly. Then turns to look around the house. Seeing the old, ugly, almost broken house--although it was clean--his eyes get even more sadder.

Is that what I looked like all the time? Maybe I looked even worse. Surely whatever he has gone through is nothing compared to what my life was like. . .

He turns back to me, and smiles. "Here, I'll show you," he says simply, and starts to pull me carefully towards the front doors.

As we near it, I start getting frightened, and pull on his arm, trying to tug my arm out of his grip. Since he was holding on lightly, it was easy. I start backing up, staring fearfully at the doorway.

Raymond turns back to me, looking confused. "What is it? What's wrong?" he asks worriedly.

I turn to look at him. "I--I . . . outside is bad. Filled with lots of bad things...and--"

"How can it be filled with bad things if there is sun, plants, and colors out there?" he interrupts.

I am speechless. Sun, plants, and colors? What are those things? I'm guessing they are the stuff outside, making it look beautiful.

"The beauty outside is an illusion," I say carefully. "Just like here. Everything seems fine, but if you look closer, everything is actually far from fine," I continue, saying the last word in a dead, flat voice.

Raymond just looks at me sadly. "Yes, there are bad things out there, but nothing like this will happen to you ever again. This is the last time you'll experience what you've been through."

I look at him, not believing. What is there to believe? The world is a cruel place.

"Come, I'll show you. I'll be there to protect you every step of the way."

I stare at the ground, thinking of all the possibilities. It could be better. But it could also be the same. Either way, there's nothing I can risk, is there? Either I die, or I don't, but I'm going to die sooner or later, so why not?

Without knowing it, Raymond has lightly grasped my arms and pulled me gently out of the house. I didn't notice, because I was having the internal debate in my mind. I only realized we were outside when I felt something blowing against my face and hair, causing it to whip backwards. I quickly grab Raymond's arms, and put my head into his chest, holding him tight, shaking in fear.