call it a 'pizza date' if you will...

“Do you remember summer oh nine?” I begin to sing. I know I just explained my feelings on the boys, but I can’t lie- I love their songs. Their the songs that can make me happy guaranteed.  “Wanna go back there every night.”

I rinse my hair, and step out of the shower. In front of me I have set out a pair of jeans, a nice light blue sweater, and a necklace hat complements my hair color. My black combat boots are sitting next to the door, waiting for me to put them on.   

I pick up the invitation from my kitchen counter. 7:30 huh? Considering it was only about 6, I wanted to go grab some food. I grab my keys, pull my hoodie over my head and skip out the door.

“Hey Chris!” I yell, slamming my door. “Could you hold the elevator?” Chris does so, and waves.

“Where do you think you’re going?”  Chris says, looking at my jeans and wore out hoodie.

“I’m not even leaving for the party yet Chris!” I whine. “I’m going to grab pizza or some food. I don’t want to leave any in my fridge to spoil when I’m gone.” 

“Alright,” Chris says sighing. “But I’m only letting you go out twice tonight! And you better not bring home any boys. And if you even dare touch a single joint-“      

“I got it Chris.” I say, touching his shoulder. “You know you can trust me. I’ll have one drink, maybe two tops.” Chris sighs and opens the elevator door. 

“Only for you kiddo,” He says, as the door shuts. A woman with two crying children struggles to get in the elevator at the 2nd floor, one below mine. And I help her lift the heavy stroller into the small moving room.

“Thank you,” She says, out of breath. “We could use more people like you in this building.”

“No problem,” I say, smiling at the faces of her now calmer children. “How old are they?”

“Emily will be two this march,” She says, pointing to a blonde girl with short pigtails. “And Ian is almost six months old.”

“They both look very much like you,” I say smiling. I like making polite conversation in the elevator. I make the ride up and down at least six times a day.

“Bye now,” The woman says, getting off the elevator in a rush, taking the children and stroller with her. “And thank you so much!”

I exit the elevator and begin to walk down the street. The late fall/ early winter air hits my face. The strong wind whipped my hair around my face and neck. I take a minute to quickly pull my hair up into a top knot, and wrap my scarf I had been keeping in my scarf around my neck. It was a lot colder than I had expected.

I get closer and closer to the pizza parlor, and I almost pass the Dunkin Donuts before deciding to go visit Justin again. I walk inside the building, pulling open the ‘D’ shaped door knob.