Chapter 17

Your POV

'I wish I could've saved you my love...'

I heard these same words replay over and over in my mind until I descended further into the darkness that now consumed me. It was hard to tell who was saying these alluring words since all I felt was a slight increasing pain in my chest that didn't want to go away.

I tried to move my body around with no success as I pushed and tugged my way through this seemingly endless dark void. However, it felt strangely familiar, but also quieter than I imagined it would be.

"I couldn't be dead, right?" I finally spoke aloud to myself, wondering if my theory was actually true.

My whole body at this point was stiff as if it was purposely left to stay that way forever. That's when I seemed to gain back some of my consciousness before all of this occured.

"Wait... did I fail my mission? Did I not figure out how I died? Am I stuck here... forever?" I continued to speak to myself, now remaining in constant fear of the unknown events taking place.

My emotions were getting the better of me as I sobbed for what seemed like an eternity. At this point, I didn't care how much of a wreck I looked like since I was all alone with no one to keep me company.

I was giving up all hope, until a voice came out of the blue that allowed me to slightly calm down from my previous panic attack.

'Y/N... what have I done? I didn't mean to do this...' I heard the same voice say faintly, but this time with a different phrase then what was told to me earlier.

I quickly wiped away my tears as I glanced at the never ending darkness. I had the expectation that I would see the person who spoke to me. However, I was sadly met with disappointment as I knew that no one else was there except me.

I continued with confusion and curiosity leading the way as I began having deep thoughts about my memories. It seemed that this voice was calling out to me and wanted to get my attention related to something important.

'If I had known this was your fate all along, then I shouldn't have met you. Why is this life so cruel?' I heard the voice once again, this time more clearly and with distress laced in their tone.

It sounded as if their whole universe came crashing down from the atmosphere that surrounded the tone of the voice.

'Y/N... please wake up...please. There is so much I want to do and tell you. I need you...' I heard as I stood in shock knowing that this person knew me.

I started keeping track of what the voice was saying as I began to slowly put the pieces together.

"This has to be someone I know, but who?" I thought aloud as I knew something else would be said.

'I can't believe I just did that... Y/N I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you... if only my brother hadn't taunted me in anger, I could've saved you. Please forgive me...'

I patiently waited for the next line, but all I could hear was crying and distress. I felt powerless in knowing that I couldn't comfort the pain this person was feeling. However, I heard movement as if the voice was right next to me as they clearly whispered something that shook me to my core.

'I love you, Y/N.'

Who knew that this simple statement would be enough to remind myself of everything as my memories finally came back to me.

In that instance, I was overcome with emotion as I realized who said that wonderful phrase to me. The one person I truly fell in love with was near me this whole time, sobbing over me outside of this pitch black darkness.