The Parents' Meeting

"My mom wants to meet your mom. She has been asking me since you left yesterday.", Mike said while walking to the bus stop.

After an hour in the book cafe Mike suggested they leave. Rohan had been pretty much doing what Mike wants since then. But he felt good about it. Having someone to listen to was good.

"Let's do it tomorrow then. Saturday. Everyone will be home.", Rohan said.

"Okay. I will tell her." Mike said and continued walking in silence.

When they reached the bus stop, Mike grabbed Rohan's hand and asked,

"Should we meet like this more?"

"Absolutely. I would love to meet you like this. Just say it and I'll be there.", Rohan said, looking at him.

"Woah. Really?", Mike asked.

"Yep.", Rohan nodded, closing his eyes, and continued, "I think whatever I do I will be able take out time for you. Well... technically speaking, at least for now. I am not sure about afterwards."

"What about afterwards?", Mike asked.

"Dumbo! Do you expect us to sit back at home after graduating? Don't we have to look for jobs or college admissions? Won't you be busy?", Rohan said, chuckling.

"Aah! That's what you meant?", Mike said and shook his head amazed at his stupidity.

"But don't worry. We will figure it out.", Rohan said it, more to himself.

A few minutes later, as usual, Mike gave him a goodbye kiss before getting on the bus.

---

"She wants to come at our place?", Rohan's mom looked up from her laptop, surprised.

"Well... that's exactly what Mike texted me now.", Rohan said, embarrassed.

"It won't be a problem.", said aunt Lily.

"What do you mean it won't be a problem?", said Rohan's mom, panicking, "A stranger comes to meet me all of a sudden, and it won't be a problem?? What am I supposed to say to her. She seems more excited than her son!"

"Calm down, mom. I will be there with you. Stop panicking.", Rohan said, coming closer to her and patting her back.

"An introvert like her...it will take some time for her to calm down. Don't you remember, Lily how she acted when I wanted to give her a lift to home on the first day of her joining the company?", said uncle Dan, with a hearty laugh.

"Stop talking. You weren't gay then. I was afraid you would sell me or something. I didn't trust people in my own country and this is Australia. A different continent! Why would I trust you?", Rohan's mom said, closing her laptop.

Rohan and his aunt Lily started laughing. Then Rohan said, "It will be fine. Let her come. She is very sweet. You will love her."

"Okay!", she said and nodded.

---

"That's a big hou- Wait! I know this house.", Mike's mom stopped with a jerk in front of Rohan's place, the next afternoon.

Mike looked at his mom, surprised.

"What do you mean you know this house?", Mike asked confused.

She took her phone out from the bag and searched something. After getting the photo she was looking for, she said,

"It can't be...", and started walking through the long stone path through the big garden in front of the house.

Mike, still confused, walked behind her in silence. When the reached the door, Mike rang the doorbell. Moments later, Rohan opened the door with a big smile and said,

"Hello! Hi auntie!"

"Hi.", said Mike's mom. Mike gave her a slight push and went inside.

"Hello. I am Sanjana, Rohan's mom. Nice to meet you!", she said like a clockwork machine, getting up from the couch, extending her hand.

Mike's mom's mouth fell open. She covered her mouth with her hands and stood there in shock. To add more to the situation, Rohan's uncle Neil just came in to say a quick 'hi'. Mike's mom took a step back and said, "Oh my God!! It's really the RottenWeirds!!"

"The - what?", Mike asked.

"Amazing! What a coincidence!! We have a fan at our house today.", uncle Neil said, all smiles, " Dan, Lily! Come down. We have a fan with us today."

---

"I still can't believe this. Is this real?", Mike's mom asked again, after gulping down a glass of water.

"I am still confused, mom what is it?", Mike asked.

"She is a fan of the band, dumbo! Don't you remember RottenWeirds? They played in our school three years ago. It's their band. My mom, auntie Lily, uncle Dan and Neil.", Rohan said, a bit surprised that Mike didn't know them.

"Three years ago? You mean at the annual concert three years ago? I never go to the concerts.", Mike said innocently.

"I have all your CDs. From the beginning till now. Oh my goodness! And my son is dating your son!", said Mike's mom, clasping her hands and smiling.

"He sure is.", said Rohan's mom, "You really got to have a free fanmeet just because of your son!"

Everyone started laughing except Mike. He just managed to smile a little. When Mike's mom was busy taking photos with them Rohan explained the formation of the band and how they were famous in the city, to Mike.

"So you guys are actually celebrities? Oh my-", Mike said when Rohan cut him off.

"Local ones. Local celebrities. In the beginning they did it for money now they mostly do it to raise money for charity. This is a family of saintly people. I have never seen cigarettes or even a drop of alcohol since I arrived here. They are always doing something and helping people through their work. Job, own hobbies, music, sports and so on.", he said.

"I see.", Mike said, letting all the information sink in.

They all had a very lively chat during the whole afternoon, uncle Dan sang Mike's mom's favourite song from one of their releases, talked about how Rohan asked Mike out that day and so on. When it was time to leave, Mike's mom took Rohan's mom's hands into hers and said,

"I always loved you and the things you did. I know how you brought up Rohan. I am so relieved to know that Mike's in love with him. I can't be more happier."

"You are really making this a huge deal.", said Rohan's mom. She had calmed down a bit than earlier. She continued with a smile,

"Just consider me as a friend. I am your son's boyfriend's mom. Nothing more. Let's make it easier."

Mike's mom gave a shy smile and said, "Whatever you say."

They shook hands and took their leave. After getting out of the front garden, Mike asked his mom,

"Did you just blush, mom?"

She shifted her vision from the street to her son. Mike raised his eyebrows at her. She giggled and said,

"I guess...!"

Mike was speechless.