A dragon?

"What food did you find?" Caspian asked as he arrived back to the crew. Ed and Lucy not far behind him. I was standing behind all of them, trying to wrap my hand with a piece of fabric from my shirt.

"It's volcanic your majesty" Mr Rhince told him. "Not much grows"

"Where's Eustace?" Lucy pondered while looking around for him.

"I believe he's out, not helping us load the boats" Reep said as Lucy turned around to look at him

Lucy started calling out for him, until she turned around to look at her brother. "Edmund I've got a bad feeling"

"I'll go find him" he replied.

I looked at Caspian and nudged him slightly. "We'll come with you Ed" I said while smiling at him.

Caspian handed Lucy the sword and we both followed Ed.

While walking around and calling for Eustace, Caspian looked over at me and noticed my hand that I had wrapped up. "What happened to your hand?"

"I cut it when I jumped in between you to in the cave when you were fighting. I think one of your swords nipped me"

They both looked at each other, guilt shining in their eyes.

"Hey, don't worry about it" I said as I looked between both of them. "I'll have some of Lucy's cordial when we get back and I'll be good as new. What happened in the cave wasn't you fault. The mist was to blame". I then walked ahead of them, hoping to catch sight of Eustace.

I came across an opening that was filled with gold treasures.

"Treasure" Ed said, looking at all the gold in-front of us.

"Trouble" Caspian replied back.

We were walking through the gold when Ed picked up a shoe. "Eustace" he said while looking around. He started walking forward when he found a pile of clothes. "No!"

Ed picked up all the clothes and eventually found Eustace's diary. "Oh cousin"

"I'm sorry" Caspian said to him, looking down at the clothes.

"He was just a boy. I never should have left him". I went over to him and gave him a hug, which he returned almost immediately. When I pulled bag from the hug, he put the diary back on the floor and went back to rummaging through the clothes again. I picked up the diary and put it in the small bag on my waist, keeping it safe in case he returns, knowing that he never goes anywhere without his diary.

"What could have happened to him?"

"In this place? Anything" Caspian replied to Edmunds question. He got up and started to walk to something. "And he wasn't the first. It's Lord Octesian"

Caspian then stood up and looked around. "We should find his-".

He trailed off as he saw me pick up the Lords Sword.

"- sword"

On the ship, the crew members were waiting for the two kings, Eden and Eustace to come back when they heard a screeching noise in the distance.

"What was that?" Lucy said as she turned around to speak to Drinian.

"Is it a volcano?" Gael said as she saw fire in the distance.

"Oh, no. That's no volcano" Drinian said as he turned around to address the crew. "All hands on deck there! Archers! Arm yourselves! Take your positions and wait for my command!" Drinian ordered as everyone followed the dragons every move.

The dragon landed on top of one of the sails.

"What's is doing?!" Lucy cried while hugging Gael close to her, protecting her from the dragon.

"Fire!" Drinian ordered and everyone started shootings at it. "He'll break the mast!"

Reep climbed up to the top of the boat, sword in his mouth and he stabbed the dragon in the foot, making it fly away.

Back on the Island, Edmund was walking in front of Caspian and I when we heard something that sounded like wings flapping. Caspian turned around and ducked, bringing me down with him.

"Edmund! Ed!" He yelled as the dragon picked him up with his claws around his waist and flew off with him.

After finding out that the dragon was Eustace, the whole crew was crowding around him. I was standing next to Lucy, watching as Eustace tried to get the cuff off his arm.

"He must have been tempted by the treasure" Edmund said.

"Well, anyone knows a dragons treasure is enchanted" Caspian said back to him. Eustace the dragon looked at him and snarled, making me turn around slightly to hide my laugh. "Well, anyone from here" He said, glaring at me, playfully as he heard me laugh.

I walked up to Eustace and looked at him as I gently removed the cuff from his arm. He let out a pained roar and i stroked his nose to try and calm him down.

"Is there any way to change him back?" Edmund questioned

"Not that I know of" Caspian replied while looking at me, a small smile on his face.

"Aunt Alberta will not be pleased"

"I don't know why not. I personally have always wanted a dragon" I said as Eustace gently nudged my with his snout, making me laugh.

"Sorry about the hand, old boy" Reep said as he came and stood next to me and Eustace. "I can be a little overzealous at times"

"The boats are ready, sire" Tavros said.

"We can't leave him alone"

"Well we can't bring him on board, your majesty"

"Drinian, you and the others take one boat back. The rest of us will stay here till morning and work out what to do" Caspian said.

"But you have no provisions" Rhince said. "And no means of staying warm, your majesty"

Eustace nudged me back slightly so I wouldn't get burnt and blew fire onto the shore.

"You were saying?" Reep said, making us all chuckle.