Final goodbye.

While I left Malia on the Dawn Treader to warm up and get changed, I was in a rowing boat with Caspian, Lucy, Edmund, Reep and Eustace.

"So what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Edmund asked his cousin.

"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad, I mean, I think I was a better dragon that I was a boy, really. I'm so sorry for being such a sop."

"It's okay Eustace, you are a pretty good dragon" Edmund said with a slight chuckle, which made us all smile.

"My friends, we have arrived" Reep informed us.

"Aslan" Eustace said when he spotted the great lion, walking up towards us on the beach.

"Welcome, children. You have done well. Very well indeed. You have come so far, and now your journey is at its end."

"Is this your country?" Lucy asked the great lion.

"No, my country lies beyond"

"Is my father in your country?" Caspian asked from beside me.

"You can only find that out for yourself, my son. But you should know that if you continue, there is no return".

Caspian walked up to the entrance of Aslan's country and stuck his hand in slightly, leaving it there. He then brought his hand back and walked back over to us with teary eyes.

"You're not going?" Edmund asked him.

"I can't imagine my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for. I spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what was given. I was given a kingdom. People. A girl that I love."

As Caspian said that, my head shot up and I looked at him with wide eyes, my heart beating out of my chest dangerously fast.

Caspian then walked over to Aslan. "I promise to be a better king"

"You already are"

I walked over to Caspian and held his hand, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles.

"Children" Aslan nodded towards the youngest 3.

"I think perhaps it's time we went home, actually, Lu"

Lucy turned around to face her brother. "But I thought you loved it here?"

"I do. But I love home and our family as well. They need us"

Reep came forward and cleared his throat. "Your eminence" he said with a bow towards Aslan, "ever since I can remember, I have dreamt of seeing your country. I have had many great adventures in this world, but nothing has dampened that yearning. I know I am hardly worthy, but with your permission, I would lay down my sword for the joy of seeing your country with my own eyes."

"My country was made for noble hearts such as yours, no matter how small their bearers be"

"Your majesty" Reep said with a bow.

"No one could be more deserving" Caspian said to Reep.

"Well i-"

"It's true" Edmund said.

Lucy walked over to Reep and got down on her knees. "May I?" She asked the noble mouse.

"Well, I suppose. Just this... ooh!"
Reep was cut off as Lucy wrapped him in a gentle hug.
"Goodbye, Lucy."

Eustace then crouched next to the mouse and started crying slightly.

"Don't cry"

"I don't understand. Will I not see you again? Ever?"

"What a magnificent puzzle you are... and a true hero. It has been my honor to fight beside such a brave warrior, and a great friend."

Reep then turned towards me. "Eden, it has been a pleasure getting to know you, you are a brave warrior with a good heart"

I smiled at him with teary eyes, bowing my head at him before he ran over to the entrance to Aslan's country. Laying his sword down in the sand, he got into his boat and entered Aslan's country.

"This is our last time here, isn't it?" Lucy asked Aslan with a sad expression.

"Yes. You have grown up, my dear one. Just like Peter and Susan."

"Will you visit us in our world?" Lucy asked him while stroking his mane.

"I shall be watching you, always"

"How?"

"In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason you were brought to Narnia. That by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

"Will we meet again?"

"Mm... yes, dear one. One day". Aslan then stepped back and roared, opening the entrance back to England, instead of his country.

"You're the closest thing I have to family." Caspian said to the Pevensie's. "And that includes you, Eustace" he said while holding the boy's shoulder.

"Thankyou" he smiled back and nodded.

While Ed and Caspian shared a goodbye, I walked over to Lucy and gave her a hug. She returned it instantly and rested her head on my shoulder as she cried.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Eden."

"I'll miss you too, Lu, so much. We may be from different worlds but you're my second sister and I love you. So so much. You truly are the bravest and kindest queen I've ever met." I stepped back from the hug and took off one of my rings. The ring was small and dainty with a small blue heart on it. "I know you're not meant to take things out of Narnia but I want you to have this. Then you'll always have a part of Narnia with you, wherever you are"

Lu took the ring and put it on her middle finger and hugged me again. " Thankyou, and i love you too"

Lu went over to Caspian and Ed came over to me. I hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. "You're like my brother, Ed. I'm gonna miss you so much."

"I'm gonna miss you too, E. Don't have too much fun here without me"

I chuckled slightly, pulling back from the hug and holding his shoulders.

"Who else am I gonna clean swords with?" I said with a cheeky smile. "Please, never forget Narnia, Ed. Because it'll really suck if you do. I don't think I could ever forget any of you"

"I won't forget, I promise"

I walked away from Ed and walked over Eustace holding my arms open. "Come on Eustace, you didn't think you wouldn't get a goodby did you?" I said with a laugh.

He laughed under his breath and hugged me. "Don't think for a second that you made a better dragon than you did a boy. This whole world went against everything that you believed in, it was normal to react that way you did." I pulled away from the hug and reached into the small bad on my belt. " Before I forget. Here" I said as I handed him his diary. " I found it when when we went looking for before you turned into a dragon. Please write about all your adventures, and never stop believing." I game him a small smile and went to stand next to Caspian, wrapping my arm around his waist, hugging him from the side.

"Will i come back?" Eustace asked Aslan.

"Narnia may yet have need of you".

Lucy, Ed and Eustace then looked at us a final time before walking the through the portal home, it closing behind them.

When they had left and Aslan had long disappeared, I turned to look at Caspian before hugging him tightly. "Just for the record, i love you too" I whispered in his ear. He hugged me tighter before leaning back and kissing me, one hand around my waist and then other coming up into my hair, wounding his fingers around it.

Pulling away from the kiss, he rested his forehead against mine, both of us breathing heavily.

"You're the mist that captured my heart, Caspian"