Crash Landing

Jeon Jung Kook

Jungkook turns off the microwave and takes out the cake with his famous bunny smile

Jungkook turns off the microwave and takes out the cake with his famous bunny smile. Finally... finally he has conquered his biggest fear, the microwave.

"It looks yummy yummy yummy yummy....."

He starts humming Justin Bieber's new song, while icing on the cake. He is in a happy mood tonight, after a long tenure of distress. The Itaewon scandal broke something inside him, this was the first time he genuinely thought he did something very irresponsible. All the criticism made him scared, not for him but for his hyungs, for Bangtan.

Jungkook wasn't this scared when he was caught with Mijoo, because it was some crazy, delulus were throwing hate. But this time?? It was the general public. No one knows better than him that how hard his hyungs have to work to get this place where they are now. They have always protected Jungkook but this time he was afraid that hus hyungs might have to pay for his mess. Also, because of this incident, he lost his friend too. Yes, Jaehyun and he aren't friends anymore. He was already mad at him and Itaewon didn't do anything other than pouring some fuel into the fire. Jaehyun cut all the ties with him forever.

Jungkook does not blame him though, all four of them got merciless backlash from the public. Their good image has been dented, for a long time. And it's true that they chose Itaewon, because it was near to Jungkook. No one could foresee this disaster. Sometimes, Jungkook wonders if Jaehyun was forced by his company to call off their relationship, his heart still hasn't accept that. May be because Jungkook feels apologetic to him? For Itewon.... also for Park Chae Young...

The sharp sound of his doorbell, tears down all of his web of thoughts, pulls him back into reality. Jungkook frowns, trying to guess who it may be. Only his teammates and few very close friends know about this place and no one told him that they will come. The maknae of Bangtan curiously strides towards the door and swithes on the camera. A figure in black hoodie, cap and mask, is standing outside. It's the ideal attire of any kpop idol to hide themselves from the public eyes and hidden paparazzi.

"Who are you?"

He asks as he is sure that the person is not any of his members.

"I am Chaeyoung"

"NO WAY !!!"

A baffled scream leaves from his mouth. His eyes pop out, when girl pulls down her mask revealing her face. Without wasting any time, he opens the door and pulls the girl inside.

"Are you crazy? If you get caught..."

Rest of the words remain in his mouth, as the he notices the puffy red eyes adorning her pretty but sad face.

"Why did you say that to Jaehyun?"

"Huh?"

Jungkook is already in utter disbelief, that Park Chae Young is in his place. He is not processing any of the words, that is directed to him. Chaeyoung sighs before screaming in her broken voice.

"WHY DID YOU SAY YOU LIKE ME?"

"BECAUSE I DO"

"BUT I DON'T"

Both of them wanted those words, coming from their mouth to be some nonsense, some petty jokes. They wanted them to be fake, both the confession and rejection. But to their disappointment, only sincerity resonated.... be it in his bold proclamation or her blatant refusal.

Astound by each other's clear stance, they both feel at a loss of words and stand there, staring at each other in silence.

"Why are you here, Chaeyoung?"

Jungkook asks the girl, darting his dejected gaze to her.

"Jaehyun broke up with me"

Her hoarse voice shivers, nostrils inflate, those pretty lips curve downward while her beautiful orbs are on the verge of being flooded once again.

"What? Why? Because I said I liked you? That's ridiculous !!!"

Jungkook exclaims, shocked by her accusations.

"It's not. He really broke up"

Chaeyoung squats down and breaks into tears, covering her face. Jungkook jogged to her immediately and made her sit on the couch comfortably.

"Relax... relax .... look at me"

He lifts her chin to look into her eyes. She is a crying mess right now but in his eyes, she is still the most beautiful one. Only if, she would believe that.

"Jaehyun is a very rational and sorted guy Chaeyoung. There's no way he would break up with you because a dumbass likes you too"

"What if that dumbass is his friend?"

She adamantly counters.

"How that matters?"

"Why not? Suppose you got know that Jimin and you like the same girl? Won't it bother you?"

Jungkook can't give an answer right away and she comtinues.

"Jaehyun is such a noble heart. I'm sure he found it hard, I swear from that night everything changed"

"Park Chae Young, stop assuming. Did Jaehyunie told you, it's because of me?"

"I'm sure"

Jungkook exhales in absolute frustration and tries to think what to do next?

"What you want from me?"

"To fix this"

She demands, making Jungkook furrow.
He scratches his head in exasperation but can't ignore the girl, watching over him expectantly.

"I can't guarantee anything. We aren't friends anymore"

The new information confuses Chaeyoung.

"You are not?"

"No"

The girl seems to get lost in her own thoughts, as Jungkook wonders about her guts, to crash in a man's apartment, uninvited.

What if she is getting tailed? Well in that case, Jungkook is doomed. After the scandal, he promised Bang PD, not to create anymore trouble. He even gave up on his infamous night life, to stay extra careful.

What he got though? Park Chae Young crashing in his private abode, declaring that she absolutely doesn't like him. How much she must have loved Jaehyun, to be this reckless??

"Jaehyun, you lucky asshole !!"

He chuckles sadly.