Chapter 3

"Hi!" I playfully smiled ear-to-ear causing Louis to believe I actually was excited to see him. I wasn't.

First he forced his way into my personal situations and then proceeded to make it known that he wanted to know me. I didn't really want to get to know him, I don't think anyone really wants to get mixed up in fame.

"You work here?" He pointed to my uniform. I nodded. "You must think I'm stalking you, love" his lips split into a smile and he laughed at his own joke.

"Aha yeah" I nervously laughed. "So what can I get you lot?" It was Louis and the curly haired boy from the hospital on his new crutches.

I took their order and returned with the steaming lattes, coffees, and pound cakes.

I continued my daily routine and the rest of my day. Once Louis left, not failing to wink at me as he walked out the door, I could finally close shop so I walked back to the locker room.

Slipping the crimson fabric over my head, I folded my apron and pulled down my hair swapping my apron for my bag.

Climbing into my car behind the strip mall I leaned down to pull the emergency break out and gradually leaned back up propping my hands on the wheel, "HOLY SHIT" my heart leapt up to my throat as I saw the silhouette in front of my wind shield and I covered my eyes with my hands.

"What the hell!" I yelled yanking the door open and stepping outside just behind my door as a shield.

"I meant to ask you if you'd like to do something sometime... With me." Louis spoke and stepped forward.

"I can't, I have to watch Emmy" I truthfully stated and began to crawl back inside my car.

Just as the door was about to click shut a hand shot out between the door and it's secure shutting position. "Well when are you free?" Louis dipped his head down to my level seated in the car.

"Never." I put the red Saturn into gear and started driving slowly away until Louis hand slipped from between the door and I shut it.

***Lou's POV

Something about the way her sparkling green eyes looked at me made her so captivating to me. Sonny was the only girl I've met who treated me like i was just another random person and something intrigued me about that. I understood she had a lot of responsibility but couldn't her parents stay with her little sister for one night while I take her out and get to know her? There was something of darkness inside her though that I indulged myself in trying to find.

I shivered under the night air pulling my jean jacket up my neck further and briskly trotted off the Tarmac.

I got into the car with Harry. "So when's your date with mystery girl?" He taunted me poking at my arm.

My brow creased and my whole face seemed to frown at his remark, "there isn't one"

His mouth formed an 'o' shape and we proceeded in silence. We went on the way back to our separate flats and Harry patted my back before he slipped out of his car, "maybe it's just not meant to be"

I clung to his words. Yeah. But maybe I did have a chance still. I sat there contemplating what to do next.