Chapter 1: North and South

[Planet: Angelia
[Location: 24th Ward, District 2, Angel City
[Date: 2, 24, 2716
[Time: 4:25 EST

An IMC grunt put a hand up to his mouth and yawned, as he and his buddy strolled through a long balcony on the side of the tower.

The 25th Ward, an IMC security facility on Angelia.

"Bloody hell, two weeks in and I'm already feeling the dread..." The marine complained.

"You should be thankful we aren't getting our asses beat. You heard about what happened at the harbour, right?"

The two entered a room, where a terminal was attached to the wall beside a closed door.

"You mean the Militia terrorists and their shenanigans? The Militia is just a bunch of gun-trotting farmers, nothing to feel threatened over" The complainer tapped his fingers against the keypad.

"Yeah, tell that to Typhon..." His friend remarked as he waited patiently... until he heard a rattle originating from around the corner.

"Hmm?" He wandered over, disappearing from sight as the complainer struggled with the keypad.

"Ugh... Could you try this shit? The password-" He turned, only to find that his friend was nowhere to be found.

"Great, where'd you run off to now..? Finch?!" He called out as he strolled over to the corner, a feeling of suspicion washing over him.

He cautiously unholstered his RE-45 Auto Pistol, gently turning the corner to see the door to a bridge outside, which was probably used for construction...

"Finch?! Where the hell did you-"

The IMC soldier stopped, and looked down as he noticed something on the bridge.

Splattered on the ledge was a splash of red liquid...

Red liquid...

"AH-"

The IMC guard halted his speech abruptly, as he felt a sharp metal object being thrust into his back and tear through his flesh.

Soon enough, his bloody back was met with a boot which blew him off of the tower, resulting in him falling all the way to the surface level screaming.

The assailant twirled a peculiar small blade in his fingers.

The individual was clad in armour as well, specifically the Pulse Blade variant.

And like the ones before, there was a patch on his vest that read "ACES".

"Heh, that was pretty badass..." The Pulse Pilot scoffed, his voice being pretty young.

"Eyes on the prize, rookie... Save showing off for after the op." A familiar slightly Russian accented Pilot spoke via radio.

"Right." Cpl. DeMarco perked up and took a look at the construction bridge, slightly crouching as he let out a short burst from Jump-Kit.

He reached a roof, using the ventilation systems as cover while he traversed. IMC guards patrolled everywhere over the balconies and hallways, so he had to make this quick.

This was the rookie's time to prove himself to the Angel City Elite.

Meanwhile, on the rooftop of a separate building neighbouring the 25th Ward, Lt. Vasily laid prone balancing a Kraber AP Sniper on a bipod whilst observing the rookie's movements via his HUD.

"Patrols are switching out, now's your chance, kid."

"On it, on it!" The rookie Pilot dropped down, landing on an unsuspecting Spectre's shoulders and plunged his Pulse Blade right through its head.